Sunday, January 23, 2011

I See My True Colors

Last night we had a few friends over and my girlfriend brought a game called "True Colors"

Basically, you ask a question and the questions are like

"Who would be most likely to be a road rage driver?"
"Who do you not want sitting next to you if your plane is delayed for several hours"
"Who would be the most comfortable at a nudist colony?"
"Who is the most likely to still have a favorite childhood toy?"

And each person is assigned a color, and you vote for people with color cards, and then you tally the votes. you also have to guess where you fit in. Are you the most likely to have all the votes, some of the votes, or none? The scoring works like this- If you have the most votes, and you thought you would get the most votes, you get 3 points. If you had no votes and you knew you wouldnt get any votes, you get 3 pts. and if you thought you would get some, but not all the votes, you get 1 point. If you are wrong (say you thought you wouldnt get any, but you got one) then you get 0 points.

It's interesting to see what people really think of you.

I came in last both games, because apparently, I think too highly of myself lol I kept thinking I would be the one with the most votes, or some of the votes, and I would get no votes. Hahahaha.

It was a lot of fun dont get me wrong! I really enjoyed it. But once again, it proves that how you think of yourself really affects your self-image. I suppose thats why I never saw myself as "fat" and still don't really. Especially now that I lost a little weight, I feel like I am almost "normal" because my clothes are too big (yeah, even those size 16Ws that I got for Christmas)

Maybe I need to reframe. I don't know. I don't want to be (too) delusional. I like my rose colored glasses.

By the way- I was voted to be most comfortable at a nudist colony. Poor Brian was voted most uncomfortable lol

2 comments:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!