Monday, January 24, 2011

Chock Full of Goodies

We went to the grocery store last night. We really just went for basics, like milk and toilet paper. But it turned out to be a full blown shopping spree.

We bought fruit! Bread! Milk! All sorts of good things! We were calculating how much we were spending when all of a sudden, the calculator reset and I had to guesstimate what our running total was. We didn't have a list. We were hungry, having not eaten all day.

It normally spells a recipe for disaster (spells a recipe? wth?) but this time it went amazingly well.

Got 4 packages of ground turkey (which is 5 lbs) pasta, pasta sauce, milk, strawberries, weight watchers meals (a whole slew of those! I got 10 meals and then 2 packages of the ice creams- giant fudge bar [yum!!] and dark chocolate raspberry ice creams!) 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts (on sale- 5 lbs for $10) chicken nuggets, french fries, ramen, mac and cheese, coffee, coffee creamer, dog treats (for Max lol) peanut butter (also for Max) cheese (for me!)

That doesn't really seem like a lot, but it filled out the holes in our pantry, cupboards, fridge and freezer. We are stuffed to the brim now!

It's so nice to be able to go into the kitchen and say "today I am feeling like [insert food here]" and be able to make it! Or heat it up!

Weeee!! It's silly how much of a difference it makes in my mood when we have a full kitchen as compared to an empty one. An empty one brings visions of being poor, not being able to eat, going without. A full one brings on images of success, full tummies, happiness.

I some times feel like that is counter productive to my weight loss? I also sometimes wonder about what I can eat for dinner. I am going to have an awesome breakfast in a few moments. Egg beaters scrambled up with diced ham and fat free cheddar melted on top with wheat toast. And of course, my coffee!! I love coffee.

Brian fixed my stationary bike and I am going to ride it today. I have to put music back on my iPhone. The last time I synced it, it got rid of everything except Lady Gaga and the Offspring, and while those are a lot of the songs I listen to while I work out, I like to hear other things too.

I have to say- the scale has actually gone *up* (not again...groan) but we had friends over on Saturday night and I am still bloated from that. Yesterday I chugged water and ate Taco Bell.

But today- it's back on plan! Healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. My egg scramble for breakfast (dont forget my coffee!!) lunch will be a WW meal. I'm feeling Meatloaf and Garlic/Chive mashed potatoes. Dinner is of course... Spaghetti! Chugging water. Eating an apple. Maybe a few strawberries. If I can ever get past the texture. I love the taste. Same story, different day.

On a side note, I keep having dreams that men are checking me out. It always ends up being people I knew from school though. Never anyone important, like Johnny Depp, or Orlando Bloom. Sigh. It also always turns out they were just teasing me and then I end up burning them alive? I think its symbolic of me burning bridges. Not letting the past define me? Gaining confidence? I hope. I am not liking the other options!

I rambled again. I am really excited about food.

1 comment:

  1. I usually decide what I want for dinner around 4 or so.BTW, I love spaghetti too, though I'm getting used to whole wheat and I recently tried Shirataki (sp?) noodles. Not horrible, not terrific. Somewhere in between.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!