Monday, January 10, 2011

It's All About Me

That's my theme this year. It's all about me. Things I am going to do to improve myself and my life (and thereby those around me.)

This year, my goals are to do things I normally don't. Such as getting up, getting dressed (nicely, if possible) and doing full hair and makeup, even if I am not going anywhere that day. Such as taking more pictures of myself. Such as taking pride in my home.

I also have other goals, like running that whole 4 mile race in September. Like wearing my orthotics EVERYDAY. Like trying spinning or taking a cardio boxing class.

This year is the YEAR OF THE CHRISTIE.

As if I need to be any more conceited.

Today I got up, and I put in my contacts, I styled my hair, and I put on my make up. I got dressed. I took not only one picture, but 15. Some of them didn't turn out, but a few did. Like this one

Yay I actually photographed myself!


What do you think of my new hair? Previously, it looked like this:

Crazy eye McGee

Today, I tracked my breakfast. 1 cup of coffee with 2 T of hazelnut creamer, fake sugar, with 2 blueberry Eggo-knockoff waffles with 1 T of margarine, 1/4 cup of light syrup, and a bite of a Morningstar "sausage" link. The texture and the flavor of those links sucked. It was kind of mealy texture wise and the "sausage" seasoning was really only a back note, instead of a foreground player. It was also a little cold

All my breakfast was cold by the time I was done measuring it and tracking it. (10 whole points, in case you were wondering)

I haven't had lunch yet, I am about to eat my midday snack of string cheese. I think lunch will be baked chicken with 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and 2/3 of a cup of Green Giant niblet corn. (also approximately 10 points)

I have no idea what will be for dinner tonight. Probably something else chicken related. Or maybe I will make Taco Bake with refried beans, rice, and ground turkey. That sounds pretty good to me too. I have no idea how many points that will be, either. I'll have to add it into WW and see what we come up with.

I also started "take pride in my home" by doing 6 loads of laundry, two loads of dishes, and cleaning our bedroom and putting our bed back on the slats so its off the ground, and we also rearranged our bedroom. When I say "we" I really mean "Brian moved it all while I ran around looking for a screwdriver"

We also got new lights for our bathroom. They are those stupid vanity-looking light fixtures that house multiple bulbs and they are the big stupid bulbs too. I tried putting a regular sized bulb in there and it wouldn't work. Dumb thing. But we replaced all of them and got the higher wattage ones so I could see better. Don't worry, I picked up the energy efficient ones! We replaced all our incandescents with the compact fluorescents (CFLs) that had a "natural" light feel to them too. And we bought a few extra lamps. It was starting to look like a cave in here! Now it looks like a light house. I won't have to worry about ships plowing into the side of our apartment building any more. Whew! Soon we are going to paint. Brian had this GREAT idea! We will take pictures of our apartment and then upload them into Photoshop and we will scan in those paint swatches and he will put them on our walls so we can see how it looks. And we will take the pics in a few different lighting conditions to see how we like it. Isn't that nifty?

Someday very soon, my progress blog. I promise!

4 comments:

  1. What is the Taco Bake you speak of?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great! it's nice to put a face with the blog. And the Year of Christie is not selfish, it's needed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new hair!! that is a great goal of makeup, hair, and getting ready, I´m usually bumming around if I have nothing to do. Hmm, if I were to do this, my hubby would love it! haha.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!