Sunday, January 9, 2011

Horrible

I'm doing horrible with tracking. Partly its because I haven't stocked up on what I deem my "healthy foods". I like to eat the same thing consistently for breakfast and lunch and snacks, with the variation being dinner. But lately I haven't bought any breakfast/lunch/snack like foods. However, I did buy 2- 3lb bags of apples in the last couple of weeks and have eaten multiple apples every day.

So that's a bonus, I guess.

What I really like is something no fuss for breakfast, like yogurt with a granola bar, or a bowl of cereal (with only a touch of milk to it) or an English muffin made with ham, fat free cheese, and Egg Beaters (made previously and then frozen/microwaved)

Lunch I like sandwiches, or wraps, again, something no fuss. Maybe soup. I like potato soup with ham and fat free cheddar cheese. Or bacon bits. That way it "tastes" like a baked potato. I also like baked potatoes.

Dinners are where I like to stretch my legs and do a lot of cooking. It's the meal I get to share with my husband. It's the part of the day where I make a mess in the kitchen but come out with plates of hot, delicious food (so it's okay, right?) I enjoy cooking hearty meals like lasagna, spaghetti, pasta skillets, chicken stir fry, pork loin, casseroles, and steak.

I'm going to have to actually sit down and make a meal plan.

I am not giving up. I will get over this whole "thoughtless eating" thing and get back to tracking every day. Even if I have to spend a day preportioning all of my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks and take a sharpie marker to it and write down the Points!

I also like dinner to be my big meal of the day, so I am going to have to figure out how many points I can "spend" on meals and snacks throughout the day. I get 34 points a day.

If I have 5 meal times (3 meals, 2 snacks) that is about 7 points a meal, roughly (6.8, rounded up) If dinner is my "big meal" I want to spend twice that, or 14 points. That leaves me 20 points for breakfast, lunch, and two snacks. If I use 7 points on snacks (say, a Weight Watcher ice cream bar for 3 and a bag of popcorn for 4) then that leaves me 13 between breakfast and lunch. I can then have 7 for breakfast and 6 for lunch.

Breakfast would look like this: English muffin with ham, fat free cheese, and Egg beaters for 4 points, 6 ounces of fat free yogurt for 3 points, and then an apple. Something hot, something cold, and fruit. Or it could be a cup of fat free yogurt for 4 points and then a 2 point granola bar, with a string cheese. Or maybe, turkey sausage links and a whole grain waffle with light syrup, and a piece of fruit!

Lunch would be a small tortilla spread with spicy brown mustard, turkey meat, fat free cheese, and spinach and green bell pepper. And probably, an apple.

Dinner would be some side of meat slathered in some sort of sauce with some sort of carby dish on the side. Heaven!

I have to go to the grocery store today. I found out you can print off a grocery list from WeightWatchers.com and my store has a feature where you can go online and add items to a grocery list and print it off, and it will tell you how much it costs. I may just combine the two and do it that way. There is also a meal planner worksheet I found so I think I will print that off as well, so I can look at that and see what we are having and what we need.

Sometimes a list just confuses me. Like if I write down "lasagna" sometimes I forget to buy canned tomatoes or tomato sauce. Or I might say "spaghetti" and forget to buy spaghetti! I think the grocery store overwhelms me and I get easily side tracked. "Is that a new hair color dye? It's on sale?!"

I really need to sit down and take stock of myself. I know I want this weight off, and I know I am ready for it to come off. I know WW works if I do. So I need to stop dicking around and then just do it. Insert Nike swoosh here.

I need to exercise. I need to track what I eat (even if I don't eat right) and I need to make my meals as consistent as possible. I am not one who gets "burnt out" on certain foods. I ate S'mores Poptarts every single day for 4 years during high school for breakfast each morning. I ate grilled chicken, Green Giant niblet corn in butter sauce, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese almost every day for lunch in college (until I moved out and got fat). Routine is very crucial for me and for my success in weight loss long term, I think. I need to make a schedule and stick to it each and every day.

We have some friends coming over today, and I am going to make a WW recipe when they come over. I am going to make jumbo shells stuffed with ricotta cheese, Parmesan-Reggiano, spinach, and diced chicken with homemade marinara sauce, a salad and garlic bread. It promises to be delicious, and I cannot wait!!

I may photograph it and do a recipe blog, what do you all think?

Coming up this week- I am finally *finally* going to do my "WTF Christie?" picture blog, where it will have my before and progress pics, so both you and I can see I am a lot better looking than I was. I hope that you like roly-polys....

4 comments:

  1. yes i think tracking on ww is the key every time i strayed i gained like the fat fool that i am

    ReplyDelete
  2. knowing what you're going to eat is definitely the key to staying on plan. I never thought of making english muffin, egg & lf cheese sandwhichs and freezing them. What a great idea. I did my first menu planning last week and hope to have time this week to cook something new and exciting. I experimented with quinoa which was fun.

    You'll get there friend... we're all here rooting for y ou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you feel about oatmeal but.... I buy plain quick-cooking oats, add a pinch of salt, some cinnamon after it's done and I grate an apple into the oatmeal so it catches all the juice. I then let it sit for a little bit and I've made my own apple-cinnamon oatmeal without the extra sugar and preservatives. Voila!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!