Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflections.

Since September 29th, the day I joined Weight Watchers, I have lost 14 lbs on the program and a total of 21.5 lbs since my highest weight on my wedding day.

May will be here soon, and that will mark my 2 year anniversary to start getting healthy and back to my former "dating" weight. I am only a mere 31 lbs away from achieving this goal- which is my most important goal for the year. I want to end 2011 at least 31 lbs lighter and back into my former hot body.

I thought about my short journey on Weight Watchers so far, and I have discovered that I do have a lot of work left to do but also that I am doing great at the same time!

I lost 14 lbs in 3 months
I eat fruit on a semi daily basis
I eat veggies on a semi daily basis
I switched from ground beef to ground turkey
I cook even more at home
I took a Zumba class, went bike riding, and bought new hand weights, bought a Kinect (with Dance Central, Zumba, and Your Shape)
I went for a bike ride on New Years Eve because it was almost 60 degrees! Just a year ago, or even a few months ago, I would have wasted that precious day.
I started taking care of my body. Drinking water/tea instead of soda most days. Going to the doctor/chiropractor instead of putting it off, etc.
I started looking in the mirror and really seeing who I was. Not some fat chick, or someone who needs a shower that day. But seeing *me* and noticing all the little changes.

In 3 months I have changed a lot. I still need to work on certain things, such as trigger foods, eating more fruits/veggies, and exercising more regularly. I also need to track more.

I am so pleased with my progress. I know I could have "tried harder" and got where I wanted to be by the end of the year, but it's also a journey. I like the ups and the downs. The hills and the valleys. If it were easy, then it wouldn't be as rewarding.

What's the theme of this year? This year, I want to appreciate every day, because you never know when it's your last. I also want to live life to the fullest, trying new things and enjoying old favorites.

What is your theme for the new year? What are you most thankful for? What were your biggest accomplishments? What were your smallest?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. If you plan to run this year, you can totally do it! I started slowly by doing short running (er...jogging) intervals. I started by jogging for just 1 minute, walking for a few to recover, then jogging again for another minute and did 10 jogs. Each week I would increase the time spent running from 1 min to 2 minutes, 3 minutes, and so forth. There are some great "learn to run" programs you can find online. Google Hal Higdon or the Couch to 5k plan to get you started. You can totally do this!!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!