Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cinnamon-Sugar Fail Balls

I was going to bitch about a rude phone call I got today, but the post was just making me angry all over again. So I decided I would talk about something else.

I was so in the mood for cinnamon-sugar pull aparts last night, but I didn't have any money to go out and get them. All the money we had was in cash, and all of that was in the possession of one responsible Brian.

I thought, hey, I have ingredients on hand, I can make them myself! I looked up recipes and decided it would be too much work to let it rise, punch the dough down, let it rise, etc etc, so I just said "meh" and winged it.

Not surprisingly, it didn't turn out very well. Firstly, I didn't have any eggs. So I used distilled white vinegar. (What? It works!) but that wasn't what caused it to fail. I just didn't measure anything and to be honest, I am not much of a baker. Thank goodness for that, or I would have a lot more weight to lose!

I rolled and floured the "dough" and put it in some cling wrap and put it in the fridge to firm up. Then after it was firm, I cut it into squares, which I rolled into balls, and put in a pan and then dumped melted butter with cinnamon-sugar mixed in and baked it for 25 minutes and it turned into a big pan of goop! Delicious! Except not.

I basically just like to make messes in the kitchen, much to the dismay of my husband.

That was also my Valentine's day gift to him. I presented him with a bowl of fail balls. I don't think he was impressed.

We ordered pizza.

I ate 4 of my 6 slices last night (major improvement from before, where I would have had a whole pizza to myself) and we had bread sticks too. (2, instead of 4 like usual) And then I felt sick to my stomach and laid down a while.

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. oo! Have you tried cinnamon toast when you're in the sweet and cinnamony mood? I've loved it since I was a kid! Totally simple.
    Toast your favorite bread (to keep it healthy, I use Double Fiber bread from Orowheat). Spread butter (or use I can't Believe it's not butter spray - which is what I use) while the bread is still hot. Add 1 Tsp of sugar and sprinkle cinnamon to taste over the sugar pile. Spread the mixture of sugar and cinnamon out over the toast and Viola! One of my FAVORITE sweet treats, at about 85 calories. ;)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!