Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sales, Vacuum Bags, and WW Meals

I have been selling some of my things on eBay and they finally sold, bringing in a cool $450! Of course, after paying eBay fees and since I offered free shipping, well the take-home isn't nearly that much, but that's okay. Some is better than none.

We got some of those as-seen-on-tv vacuum storage bags. You know, the ones you pack all your clothes in, hook up a vacuum hose to and it sucks out all the air and you "triple your storage space" let me just say the brand we picked up (made in Peru, Indiana) works AMAZING! I thought for a while it wasn't working then wooosh suddenly everything is a lot flatter.

It was really neat. We have 3 more bags we can fill up with stuff too, clothes and bedding.

I havent felt like cooking much lately, mostly because I've been working on getting every thing cleaned. So I pretty much have been living off of WW meals and cereal. I love WW meals! Yesterday, I had the chicken and cheese quesadillas- yum!- and today I had salisbury steak and macaroni and cheese. I also have turkey medallions and mashed potatoes. mmm.

Tonight we are having sweet and sour chicken with fried rice, and I am making it completely from scratch. I got chicken and rice, peas and carrots, eggs, corn, onion, green pepper, and Kikkoman sweet and sour marinade. I think I am going to grill the chicken on the George Foreman and then toss it in a little sauce and have the rest on the side for Brian.

We got about half of the clothes packed away and sorted, the other half still need washed and sorted. The ones I am not keeping are going to my Aunt Kate.

We plan on finishing up the laundry tonight and then getting another closet sorted through. We've already thrown quite a few trash bags full of items away that we dont want to bother moving.The biggest issue has been with computer parts/electronics that are out of date and barely functional. Brian wants to keep them all "just in case" and I have to remind him that we haven't used them in over 3 years, so there isnt a "just in case" any more. I told him it's like an episode of Clean House! Except there's no yard sale, no money, and no renovations, and certainly no Niecy Nash gifting awesome dining room sets or bedroom suites.

So its not like Clean House at all.

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day as well, I have to turn in our new lease, go to the post office and mail out my packages, and come home and start packing up the other things. Hopefully we get the keys to the new apartment on Tuesday and we can start moving our stuff over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!