Friday, March 18, 2011

Fiber-full Breakfast

I had a huge breakfast this morning. Worth 16 points, to be exact. I had 3/4 cup of Bountiful Morning cereal (aka Meijer brand "Honey Bunches of Oats") for 9 points (I suspect the reason it's so high in points is because it has slivered almonds and real honey in it.) Over that I had 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries, and 1/2 cup of milk, for an additional point. Then I had 2 slices of Healthy Goodness Bread by Aunt Millie's Bakery, here in Fort Wayne for 2 points, and then 2 Jennie-O turkey sausage breakfast links for 4 points.

Why the big breakfast? I wanted to fill up on fiber early today.

Brian and I went out to eat last night and we had such a delicious meal. But the problem with eating out is it triggers some kind of cravings in me. And that is all I can think about now. I dreamed that there was a large, gooey chocolate cake and I ate the whole thing by myself. Heaven.

When I woke up (at 3 pm!) I knew that I had to have a big breakfast, full of fiber, to off set the crazy cravings I was going to have all day. I knew I was going to want to eat all day long, so I made sure to get most of my DRA of fiber in my first meal. Which wasn't hard. The cereal, per 1/2 cup, has 9g. So I had roughly 12g in the cereal. And the toast? has 6g. That brings me up to 18g/24g for the day.

I'm doing pretty good on eating- fantastic really- I still have 'head hunger' where I am constantly searching for something to do besides eat since I am so bored.

Brian and I were talking last night and he finally said "it must be really hard to lose weight" and I told him, yes, it is. I told him while I didn't think I had an addiction to food per se, I really enjoyed eating, I enjoy cooking, and I am good at it, so it makes it hard not to eat all the time. I told him its kind of like a recovering alcoholic working in a bar. It just isn't going to be easy.

He then expressed his thoughts on my progress and what I needed to do next. He totally backed me up on WW and said that I wasn't allowed to quit (as if I wanted to?) and that he would like to start running/jogging with me because he has really been wanting to. He was worried about my ankle though, bless him. I told him my ankle is fine and I know my limits, but I will run with him if he wants me to. We are going to go out tomorrow for our first run as a couple, and also going to start up C25K together.

I'm scared to death about this run but I think that it will be grueling  an experience.

Any tips for running or for tunes? I like 90's music and pop/rock/alt. You know, Train, the Wallflowers, Live, Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Nine Inch Nails, the Offspring, Lady Gaga, Pink, you know that kind of stuff....

I got to get going friends, I have to go to Brian's work. I promised I would visit on his lunch break :) Maybe he will buy me a diet soda! <3

2 comments:

  1. Your explanation nailed it for me i.e., alcoholic working at a bar. That's how I feel when I'm cooking for my family and myself. I love food in general.

    Glad hubby is so supportive and that you've decided to run. You can do it Christi. I started out walking 5 minutes and jogging 1 minute, then 2 minutes and then I would run a whole song on the ipod.

    I enjoy the upbeat old school and latin beats to keep me going. Nothing like salsa, merenque and reggaton to keep me going.

    But that's me.

    So excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got a good one! My man and I are trying to lose 70lbs (total) by our November wedding! It's ambitious, but I love having a partner on this journey.

    I'm going to blog about my breakfast some time. You wouldn't believe it makes me lose 1 lb/week! I stopped losing before I started eating 300+ calorie breakfasts. A protien (greek yogurt or scambled eggs), a fiber (usually a peice of toast, or 1 cup of a fiber filled cereal w/ unsweetened almond milk), and a fruit (whatever I happen to have fresh at home, currently pink lady apples). Add in hot tea or a cup of coffee and a big glass of water and viola! My everyday breakfast. You'd think I'd wake up STARVING every day the way I eat in the AM - but usually I'm not hungry. I just need to get my metabolism going within 1 hour of waking up, or I'll be doomed to overeat and crave carbs all day.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!