Saturday, March 19, 2011

Milestones: C25K Day 1

I just thought I would update you all on how awesome I am. I decided right after I posted the last blog that I would, indeed, stick to my original plan of going for a run today. Since Brian left for work, I decided to hit up our fitness center and get on the elliptical. I knew that no one would be there, because no one uses this fitness center.

I walked over and jumped (literally!) on the elliptical and started up Couch 2 5K (C25K) Day 1. Now I had done C25K on my bike before, but I haven't completed it on the elliptical.

I decided that today, I would. Today was going to be MY DAY. I was going to prove to myself that "my bad ankle" is a crutch I use; that I am capable of anything I want to do; that the only thing stopping me is me. I was not going to let my head games win.

I started off with the 5 minute warm up and knocked out a quarter mile. I started alternating the running and walking, following the prompts. Run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds. Repeat 8 more times. My average strides per minute while walking was 45-50, and my average while running was 90-120, so I was definitely giving it my all.

Since I was the only one there, I didn't have to worry about mouth breathing, grunting, panting, or crying out loud. I kept saying out loud "Just keep going. Just keep going." I listened to upbeat songs on the runs, and I pushed myself hard.

When I finished the last run, I topped out at 125 strides per minute, and my heart rate peaked at 176- almost in the redline zone, but not quite.

And I didn't finish the whole cool down because I wanted to snag this video of me.

You'll have to excuse the whispering, as someone was coming in the gym and I didn't want to sound like an idiot talking to myself.



But basically- it's me going "Look guys! I did it! 3.5 miles in 27 minutes! *heavy breathing* I'll see you guys later!"

Sweaty and hot. In that order.
Check out my bitchin' glutes! And I love how my Enell supported me the whole time- I actually forgot that I had boobs! If you can believe that...

Anyway! Tomorrow I am going to do some strength training and alternate every day between that and C25K come the wedding in July, I will be a BEAST

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am Impressed! You look so buff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! congrats on that workout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I think we should both make a habit of taking photos of our workouts! Even if they are the same every day.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!