Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shopping: Maternity Clothes

I mentioned yesterday that I am not going to go hog wild with maternity clothes. I already bought 1 maternity top and 1 pair of maternity shorts at Walmart.com... Here's what they look like





I was also looking at Old Navy, and they have a maternity section and a lot of the outfits they put together is basically a long, flowy shirt and a pair of leggings, with accessories. I can do that. The tights they have are $15, but Wal-mart sells the same pair for half that, so I think I'll get 2 pairs and then go to Old Navy and get a few tops.

Tell me how cute this stuff is??? I love all of the outfits, especially the first one and those tiny cowgirl boots... but I won't be buying them hehe. I don't need (more) new shoes.

I'm going to buy a few of the basic maternity shirts that they sell at Walmart for $7 each, and a couple of pairs of leggings, like I mentioned. Then I am just going to go with regular plus sized wear, just up a size, because if we have another baby, my maternity clothes might not fit. After the baby, I am not going to want to wear them all the time either. So I'm going to try and buy 50% maternity, 50% regular. I noticed in the Old Navy outfits that it's all about layering, so I am going to try and do that, and be more fashionable while still being cheap.

A store in the mall here sells costume jewelry/accessories like scarves, etc for $1 each, so I will hit that up too and pick out some matching fun chunky things.

It's been a long, long time since I was able to go on a shopping spree and I am really looking forward to it. I am so excited. I think I deserve it too :)

I'll be sure to model them all too!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It's nice to get some new things (and finding great deals is awesome too!) Good job shopping around.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!