Sunday, October 30, 2011

Peppermint Patties

I'm addicted to peppermint. Thank God it's safe for use during pregnancy, because lately, I cannot get enough of it. Whether it's plain old hard candy, or a scoop or two of peppermint ice cream, I'm all over. Salivating thinking about it.

Right now, my guilty pleasure is York peppermint patties.

I love them and cannot get enough! I want to just eat a whole bag. I might. Don't be surprised if I do. I also am flirting with the idea of chocolate peppermint coffee. Mmm.

I woke up today and it was 62 degrees in the apartment. We have a strict "no heat" policy between the two of us until the first snow. Living on the third floor, we usually manage to hold off on using heat all winter long. It's been a few hours and now it's 66 in here. So it's a little warmer, but not much.

It may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually thrilled! I get the worst hot flashes lately so I already have all the windows open. Now I can put a blanket on and take it off easily without getting too overheated.

I was thinking of making some sort of soup or stew this weekend too in the crock pot. I wonder what I should make? Any ideas?

Mmm. I need some more York patties. See you all later. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. What do you have? I have a Pampered Chef Soup and Stew cookbook! Would be happy to experiment with something new over the miles this week! I'm in dire need of food this week - warm, easy comfort food (that isn't too bad for me).
    Peppermint works WONDERS for Nausea too! I have some chocolate peppermint tea that I'm still trying to decide if I like. I'll throw some and some egg nog scones in a box your way this week (unless you hate eggnog).

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!