I feel loads better today. I came home, slept and woke up for the new year. Went back to sleep, woke up for a few hours, then went back to bed. Finally it is 8 pm and I am in a vertical state once again.
It's been hard work on my body the last couple of days, both physically and mentally. I feel more myself today (my ever-swelling pregnant self) which is great.
I thought of a list of things I wanted to do in 2012.
1. Have a baby! Hahaha okay that one is really a joke.
1. Crochet 20 projects from my crochet calendar. There are over 120 to choose from, but I am going to start with the first one of the year, which is a beautiful doily. It's rated "easy" which means I should be able to knock it out soon. I'm hoping I can bust out 20 projects altogether, but we will see.
2. Project 365. This will probably be the most challenging of all the goals for the year. I want to take a picture every day of my son and have it all compiled into a digital scrapbook (or at least, computer folder). I know a lot of moms find it easy to take and post pics of their kids, but I think the real struggle will be EVERY DAY. I'm not especially fond of taking pictures, but I imagine that will change when I have a beautiful child to look at all day. At least, I hope.
3. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. This year isn't a year about hitting my goal weight, it's going to be a year of learning how to be a mom and focusing on that. I'd be happy if at New Year's Eve 2012 I was at 222. Of course, I wouldn't be disappointed if I was less than that ;)
4. Take my family's health more seriously. Not weight related at all, but more along the lines of making sure we have adequate insurances (health, dental, vision, life) and keeping our routine care up to date. This is especially important now.
5. Pay off my car. I owe $2445 on my car and the loan matures in January of 2013. I pay $190 a month for it. I'd really like to pay it off sooner. To pay it off a month early (Dec 2012), I'd have to pay $203 a month, or an extra $13 haha... okay. We can do that.
6. Build a savings. The hardest part of being broke is not having any money to fall back on in case of emergency or life's little Murphys. This will probably be challenging, because who can remember to put 10% of every dollar away when you have a screaming baby in your arms all night long? But we will try.
7. Do a 5k Walk/Run. Whether I walk, run, or crawl, I really want to do and complete a 5k. I wanted to last year and was preparing to do one late in 2011, but life happened and I ended up competing in a marathon instead... a pregnancy. So this year, I'm going to take it easy. Hahahaha.
8. Reach out. Hermit by nature. I really want to learn to reach out to others and connect with them. I've made some great friends on line but I can't really expect my infant son to do the same... I could always plop him in daycare/at a sitter's when he's older but I think it would be beneficial for both of us. I just have a hard time connecting with other moms/women in general as they all seem so fanatical. I think the support would be invaluable and also fun to try... and if it doesn't work, well, at least I tried.
9. Try 2 new types of exercise. Last year, I discovered I liked the elliptical a lot and I could do 14 days straight of 30 Day Shred. This year, I want to try two new types of exercise and see if I can't find something that fits me. I'm going to try 2 new things this year and see if I can't find The One Exercise to Rule Them All.
10. Watch more movies. I'm not a huge movie fan, but now that I've got a kid (hopefully this week!) I know that lots of movies are in my future. Brian loves movies too, and I am always hesitant about them. I'm going to try my hardest to watch more grown up movies and I know I'll have no problem watching kiddie movies :)
11. Once a Month Date Nights. Critical. I should really put this as number 1. But my goal is to have at least one date night a month for the whole year. Something fun where Brian and I can drop the baby off on Friday night at Grandma's and just have a great night to ourselves and pick him up on Saturday. Let's just pray the baby isn't colicky, so I get more than one of these date nights haha :) (Colicky babies... oh the poor parents.)
12. Keep track of blessings. I try and do this now, but I am really going to try and focus on it again this year. There is so much in life to be thankful for and I am going to record it. It's easy to get caught up in the now, but I know that things happen the way they should, and I could not be more thankful for that. Let's keep this theme rolling for the new year as well.
So there you go, some generally specific goals for the new year. I don't know if I will accomplish any or all of them, but it's good to have goals!
Seems like this year, the central theme for me is family. What's yours?