Friday, January 13, 2012

First Snow.

The first real snow of the season fell early this morning. How do I know this? I was up with the baby from 2:30 til 6:30 am until the little tyke fell asleep.

It was a long morning. The wind was howling and the snow falling. We got *maybe* an inch and a half. I got *maybe* two hours of sleep before Drake was up again.

Luckily, Brian got 6 solid hours of sleep, so he can take over until he has to go to work.

Me? I'm going back to bed. I'm only waking up to pump whenever Drake needs feeding. I can't keep up with his demands, so I am trying to pump pretty much around the clock. I'm just not producing enough yet, but I know the more I try, the more I will be able to meet quota. Supply and Demand, the basic law of breast feeding.

Right now, we have to supplement with formula. Sigh. At least he is getting *some* breast milk.


  1. He is lucky to have a mom dedicated to providing the best!

  2. So true! To the above, some is better than none :-)

    Kudos to you lady, cause its not easy. My little one was a BIG eater and I supplemented too. I know everyone is saying drink lots! But seriously, Don' t ever stop drinking, seriously the lactation
    Consultant told me to keep water, juice, whatever I could sip constantly beside me at all times. I used a huge slurpie cup with a lid and straw I found, I drank more with the straw. My hubby used to grind ice for me in the blender and I would suck on ice water all day long filling my cup 10-15 times a day (I thought the LC was nuts but I was willing to try). Do up a couple trays at a time and leave a Bol in the freezer with the days crushed ice. :-) It felt crazy to drink that much but after the 3rd day my milk came in a lot better! It was like I had to flush all the post op fluids
    B4 my body could really make milk. Good luck!

  3. I came across your blog and I think it's great. I just had my baby 6 weeks ago today, and we had a problem establishing my supply with all the fluids I was on during the labour. My milk came in about 3 days late (so 8 days later I had milk) but we had to supplement with formula (we topped off with formula after he got breast milk). Now I pump about three times as much as he needs in a day. I was pumping every 3 hours around the clock for 4 weeks, then I went to every 3 and a half hours, plus letting him breast feed what he wants (we mainly do bottle, but he will "snack" if you want to say a few times a day), and now I go every 4 hours. I saw a slight decrease, but not enough to worry about. I tried to get rid of my night pumpings, but I don't feel comfortable doing that yet so I will continue for a bit longer before cutting that out.

    Good luck - drink a TON of water.... that will help you.


COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!