Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sleeping Beauty and Company

I don't know what happened but today Drake could not get enough sleep. He has been asleep pretty much all day. He woke up at 8 am for a bottle and a change, then was back asleep until 11. He was up until 3, and slept for an hour. We had our friends Jesse and Alisha over to finally meet the baby, so I think he wanted to stay awake for company. He kept dozing off while they were over, but wouldn't really fall asleep. Unless I was holding him, so he spent a good portion of the day in my arms and passed out.

I was glad that he was so sleepy and relaxed today. Nothing is worse than a randomly fussy baby with people over.

After they left (around 7:30), he fell asleep in the Boppy pillow and he has been asleep ever since. It's 1:30 am right now and he has not woken or stirred, according to Brian. I slept from 7:30 to 1 myself, so I wouldn't know hehe

When he does wake up, he will probably be incredibly hungry and his hunger siren will start a-wailing.

Jesse and Alisha bought him the cutest outfit ever. I am going to try it on him tomorrow and if it fits, I will take pictures and share... something about waking a sleeping baby to put him in a new outfit is not on my list of favorite things to do, so I will have to try it when he is awake. This out fit is too cute not to share, so I really hope it fits. I can't stop giggling over it.

I was so happy to see our friends today. We don't see them enough by my account!

It was a great day on plan for me today, I tracked everything and managed to stay within my daily points, even though we got TGI Friday's delivered to us. I got a BBQ pulled pork sandwich. It came with fried onion strings on it, and I removed those. I also didn't eat the french fries. I still tracked the whole sandwich though! It was a good sandwich, but not 26 points good, so I won't be eating that again.

Brian took the day off yesterday to see our friends, and he picked up a few hours tomorrow, so our week is a little different. Thursday Drake is headed off for his first-ever sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's. I am really excited for him (and us!) but I am also a little sad... he is growing up. He will be gone Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. It's a long time and I am hoping it all goes well for them, otherwise they will be bringing him home hahaha :D I'll have to leave my camera there too, so they can take LOTS of pictures for me.

I'm trying to think of what I will do with my day off on Friday, since Brian will be working and I won't have to watch the baby. Maybe I will... sleep! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Great that you're getting some recovery time in! And it's SO good for Drake too to get used to other people looking out for him. :) Sounds like a great break!
    I know what you mean about seeing friends! I never seem to realize how much I miss a friendly face until I see one!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!