Saturday, February 11, 2012

You Called Me WHAT?

I had Brian run out and buy me the fenugreek supplement to help improve lactation and he told me to text him the name of it. I just sent "fenugreek" and he got it and said "What did you just call me?! What kind of geek is that?!" LOL fenuGREEK not geek.

So funny.

It's probably funnier than it should be to me at the moment. I've gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep all day. That's the problem with sleeping all day on Thursday, Friday I was just not tired! And now here it is, wee hours of the morning on Saturday, and I am awake, running on empty, and hoping I can keep the baby asleep so I can go to bed. At least for a couple of hours.

I thought it would be easier to get Drake to fall asleep on his own since he can now sleep on his tummy... but that is not necessarily the case. He likes to sleep... but only in his Boppy pillow. He sleeps both ways on it now, which is funny. I guess I could move his pillow to his crib and put him sat on it and let him sleep that way... because that is what he does now, sleep in it on the couch. Is it really any different?

Anyway, a bit of humorous irony... isn't all irony humorous? I guess it can also be bitter. Anyway, take this how you will.

Fort Wayne was ranked as one of the top 10 safest cities in the United States. The criteria were crime rates, likelihood of natural disasters, and driving safety. We are smack dab in the middle, number 5. This was the big story of the day yesterday. Today's big stories? "Teacher with knife suspended" and "student brings grenade to school" and "$500k pot operation found in Fort Wayne home"

...I shit you not.

It's like the residents of FW decided to have some secret meeting where they decide to be the world's biggest douche bags.

Anyway, here's the rest of the list

#10 Anaheim, California 
#9 Aurora, Colorado 
#8 El Paso, Texas 
#7 Phoenix, Arizona 
#6 Henderson, Nevada 
#5 Fort Wayne, Indiana – Fort Wayne residents go nearly twelve years without an accident, which, combined with their low crime rate, makes up for their mediocre 25 in natural disaster safety. Go Hoosiers! (The news team put that comment in, not me)
#4 St. Paul, Minnesota 
#3 Tucson, Arizona 
#2 Colorado Springs, Colorado 
#1 Mesa, Arizona 




Think I will move to Mesa. Actually, anywhere in Arizona seems safe. What about you guys, your cities make any top 10 lists?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...Nope-not on the list! I'm in a suburb of KC.

    I love the geek thing! Lack of sleep really wreaks havoc on people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DID ANAHEIM MAKE THAT LIST?! What stats were they using?! lol As a near-constant Disneyland goer, I can tell you it's BY FAR not one of the top 10 safest cities I've ever visited!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!