Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby in a Bumbo



My mom bought Drake a Bumbo seat (never mind that it's purple- he doesn't know hehe)

He can't quite hold his head upright in it, but he is getting better. I have to watch him pretty closely, but he really likes sitting in it. She also got him a play tray for it and a stroller for us to take him on walks. I am really excited for warmer weather. Grandma got a lot of clothes for him too. So cute.

Time seems to be flying by so fast and yet crawling at the same time. Each day feels like it will never end but it's hard to believe its already been 9 weeks since I had Drake.

I'm so thankful for my supportive family, I feel like I would not have been able to do this on my own at all. I just don't have the patience. But I have such loving and supportive family that it makes it a lot easier. Plus, as you can see from the pic, Drake is one smiley baby! That helps out a lot.

Mom also bought some rice cereal for Drake and a new bottle. The bottle is so perfect! It's a fast flow nipple, but a wide mouth bottle, and he doesn't spill a single drop while he is eating. Compared to his other bottles, in which he spills almost half the bottle with a slow flow nipple, it's completely and totally amazing. As well as a huge money saver.

The rice cereal really helps to stretch the time between feedings, he's such a big eater that we were going through formula so quickly, its a relief to not have to feed him every 30 minutes lol

In fact, he went to sleep at 8pm tonight and only woke one time for a feeding (at 11) usually he is up every hour from midnight through 4 am for a feeding.

I think my pills might be working, because I find myself more happy these days. I don't know if my parents are being so nice and buying things for Drake because they want to spoil him or if it's to help me feel better, or both, but I appreciate it all the same. I am really lucky to have their help.

1 comment:

  1. lol its cuz we wanna spoil Drake and whats wrong with purple its gamma fav colour lol

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!