Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Catching Up

Brian started in at GM on Monday. So far, he's only sat through two days of orientation. Today will be his first day on the production line. I've been waking up early with him, making him breakfast and also packing a lunch for him as well.

It's been a little rough on all of us, rearranging our schedules, but in the end it's so worth it. Brian works 6:30 am to 3:00 pm and that is fantastic. It means he gets to spend evenings with us and I can cook him dinner every night.

So far we are deciding what schedule would be best for me to work, and over the next week or two I am only going to work the bare minimum just until I figure out what works for us best.

Drake wore shoes for the first time today, and only cried for 10 or 15 minutes with them on before he got the courage to walk in them. We played outside a little bit today too, but he mostly just stood and whined about having shoes on.

I chopped off all of my hair. It's a short (chin length) asymmetrical cut and I really like it, but everyone else thinks its too short. But I don't really mind. I like how short it is- it dries in about 30 minutes and I have to just put a bit of mousse in and I look fabulous all day in my pjs.

I went to the gym tonight for the first time in about a month or so. Maybe longer. I brought along my iPad and just watched part of The Hobbit while I was on the elliptical. I managed 40 minutes until my back started hurting pretty badly, but that was still 1.75 miles, so I was quite pleased with my pace and my time, all things considered.

Brian and I have been talking about trying for another baby, but he said that he doesn't want to try until I get in shape and lose some weight, and I agree. I've had baby fever for a while now, at least a month or two, and I would love to add to our family. This is fantastic inspiration because I would love to be able to do things the proper way this time. You know, avoiding the whole c-section and anemia and blood transfusion thing. Also, we need a bigger place. I've set a goal weight for before trying for another baby, and I want to lose 50 lbs. I will do it, because I feel it's a great inspiration. So much more than myself at this point.

Speaking of babies, the little one has awoken and I better go get him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!