Sunday, August 11, 2013

Relocation.

If you have been wondering where I have been lately and what I have been up to, have no fear, for I will tell you. Brian and I decided that our apartment was too expensive and too stressful for us to continue to live in so we did something sort of crazy: we broke lease and got another apartment. A townhouse.

It's seriously the most stressful and biggest relief simultaneously that I have ever experienced.

Y'see kiddies, our new townhouse is bigger, more beautiful, and cheaper. By a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean roughly $100/month cheaper.

So it was a good move, although a little hectic and crazy. We moved in 3 days. We are on the side of town that we spend the most time in, so it will save us gas. We are literally a stone's throw away from the grocery store and the mall. (They are across the street) The apartment complex has 2 swimming pools (one is heated with a jacuzzi as well); 2 playgrounds, a pet area, and the trails run right through the apartment complex so we can ride our bikes as well. We have our own private entrance on the ground floor (as opposed to a shared entrance and being on the third floor)

Drake and I will have somewhere we can go during the day! We can take the stroller and walk to the playgrounds or walk along the trails. We won't be stuck at home all day waiting for Brian to get off work.

Although Brian & I are happy about the move, the animals and Drake have been having some trouble adjusting. Loki was in a bitey mood as we were packing. Anytime I would go near him he would bite me. I can't really blame him- last time he went through a move, his owners gave him to us. Max was panicking and cowering, freaking out in general. Can't blame him either- his first owners gave him up for adoption at the animal shelter during a move. Drake has never experienced a move and does not like his new room just yet. He refused to sleep, staying up 5 hours past his usual bed time until he just passed out from sheer exhaustion, then woke up screaming like he was being murdered at 7 am. He finally passed out around 4 pm and is still sleeping right now.


There is still a lot of unpacking to do, so I guess I will get on that!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds hectic but exciting! I can't wait to see you guys at the end of the month and experience your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!