Thursday, January 8, 2009

Clueless

Every once in a while I get it in my head I am a culinary genius.... This isn't so.

I made Egg Ham and Cheese shit (aka Breakfast Casserole, or a thousand other names it has) and it's usually delicious. Because I usually have all the ingredients. Duh.

This time, I didn't have any shredded cheese so I thought plain ol sliced cheese would work just fine... boy was I wrong! it tasted like BARF with a maple coating (since it was leftover maple glazed ham that we had) Buuuuuuuh.


Today I tried to make homemade shake n bake chicken... I didn't even bother looking for a recipe. Now that I've found some, I'm worried how this will turn out. Oh well, live and learn.

If the Fiance doesn't like it, he can LEARN to cook. Haha! I'll just mention that if he says it sucks. Then he can rub my feet for hurting my feelings. 

On the Work front... The Company is asking for voluntary layoffs, after they had just gotten done with mandatory layoffs. If there aren't enough people to sign up, they will choose 'volunteers.' 

We have had our hours cut and the people who are laid off are making more on unemployment than those of us who kept our jobs. It steams me a little, knowing they aren't even LOOKING for work, really, and they are making more than I am, when I have to sit in that hellish cube with The Guy Who Speaks Broken English and He Who is So Fat He Uses a Fan in Winter. Neither of them talk to me, thank God. And it's funny. They've been there over a year and have gotten their raises and stuff, and are still lost on how to do things. Yet little ol me who's been there for about 8 months, can tell them how to do things.... if I cared. But I don't. I'm smart enough to ask our superiors for the answers, and not dumb enough not to save the chat logs.

Better check my chicken.

2 comments:

  1. aww food you just never know and same with work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do people actually "volunteer" to be laid off? WTH?

    Thanks for the blog comments, and btw, I didn't leave the potatoes out of the potato salad lol it was the eggs. I must have made a typo. :)

    Good luck with the chicken!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!