Friday, January 9, 2009

Shake and Bake Recipe and Tonight's Menu

I'm making Chicken parm for dinner tonight and I am severely excited. 

I decided as long as I am knocking out HFCS I will just make more food at home and that's loads better than preprocessed stuff anyway. Pizza dough? Homemade. Biscuits? Homemade. Shake and Bake?! Homemade.

Yesterday's recipe for Shake and Bake  went like this:

3/4 c Flour
1 T Onion powder
1 T Garlic powder
1/4 t Chili powder
1 c crushed chex cereal (any flavor)
1 egg per 2 chicken breasts (so 2 in this recipe)
Splash of milk (or buttermilk)
4 chicken breasts or so (thawed)

Mix all the dry ingredients. Beat eggs and add a splash of milk and mix. Dunk Chicken in the egg mix and roll in flour mixture, coating thoroughly. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!