Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another day, another workout (with Edits)

I've decided to log everything that I do exercise wise.
I mean, its kind of silly not to. But I wanted to see how much I move when I am not trying to move. Like when I clean the house, or do the laundry.
Anything that requires moving, picking up things, bending over, being on my feet for longer than a few moments.

I've been reading various weight loss blogs and thinking about the motivation and determination behind them, and a few of my favourite quotes as well.

"People resorted to cannibalism to survive, and we can't put down the " -This is my mom's favourite saying. She read the book "Alive" where it tells the story of the soccer players who got stranded in the Andes and resorted to eating their dead family, friends, team mates, etc to survive and RATIONING it. Not only are they starving and eating their friends, but they rationed it.

And I complain if I havent had a candy bar that day. Seriously. WTF.

Another comes from my doctor. "It's only food." Which is so odd to say, because it IS only food.
Why do we let it run our lives? Again, WTF.

Am I so weak that I can't put the burrito down? I HAVE to have it? or what? I'll die? I'll be unhappy?

God forbid.

I would love to be able to come out from this a winner, not another failure. I think I can do it, I know I can do it. It's just a case of motivation for me.

Stay motivated. Stay on track. If you make a mistake fix it. Seems simple enough. I would love to post before and after pics. Before, During and After pics.

EDIT

nothing gets your heart rate and your mood up quite like dancing! I did EA Active for 24 minutes today doing dancing and volleyball exercises and I burned EXACTLY what I wanted to burn: 150.0 Calories on the NOSE!! YAY

I am sure my neighbours would think I am nuts because after I finished the workout and burned more calories than projected (by 20 lol) I yelled out triumphantly I AM THE QUEEEEEN!

This however, got no response from either of my lazy cats. Apparently this was not news to them!

Okay ladies and gents: Food loooooog tiiiiime

Weight Watchers Enchiladas 330 cal
Weight watchers PBC Sundae 190 (I bought like 12 boxes of these. Dont judge me. Better than a DQ Blizzard!)
Egg, Ham and cheese casserole. 400 cal (as best as I can figure)

Food intake: 920

Exercise: 150

Net intake: 770

Calories left 670!

YAY! Also am on my second glass of water inside an hour. Not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. when you look at it this way, it's so much easier to say no to the candy bar or whatever. It's amazing what little babies we become when we decide to change our lifestyle... suddenly we feel like we are being denied and we start to throw little tantrums. One thing I've told myself over and over again is "I am NOT that spoiled child" and "I am not going to die if I don't have _______" Sometimes it works right away, sometimes I stay grumpy about it for a while. Mostly it keeps me going :)

    I haven't read your whole blog so I don't know what your WL plan is... are you just calorie counting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the comment lowfatpie, cute name btw lol

    i am on a 1450 calorie restricted diet. I use a combination of Weight Watchers meals and Slim Fast shakes, as well as portion control on other things.
    I also try to do at least 100cals worth of exercise every day.

    Other than that nothing really special just doing the tried and true method eat less move more. I have a membership to Curves but as there is only one car between my hubby and I at the mo its hard to get there.

    I really appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!