Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stella!

Today I made it my personal goal to ride Stella for 15 minutes, no matter what.
Honestly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, which is odd, because yesterday, the task seemed insurmountable.

I just plugged in my earphones, turned up some Lady GaGa and went, well, gaga on the bike.

15 minutes and 5 songs later, I traveled 2.22 miles and burned 200 calories at a pace of about 9.0 miles an hour. Pretty sweet.

I couldn't believe how easy it was to forget I was biking! This is a turning point moment, the a-HA! moment, the moment where it really drives it home that it is only *me* who stands in my way.

Now I battle with my mind a lot, and I have to wrestle down unfounded fears and doubts, so its an achievement mentally and physically for me! YAY!

I've also been tracking my food and exercise religiously. Well as religiously as I can anyway. I set up reminders also so it yells at me if I don't. I also added my uncle's GF who is a HUGE inspiration to me, as she lost well over 150lbs on her own through diet and exercise.

I found another blogger, Gettin' Shrunk Wow what an amazing transformation. Of course Ms. Bitchcakes is an inspiration too, even though she's a vegan. Not that I hold it against her! ;)


I am planning on upping my journey with Stella to 3miles a day, and trying to push it just a bit further every day. Hubby wants to visit Mackinac Island for our Anni and you can rent bikes and travel around the island! How cool! of course, must train.
12 weeks to go.

4 comments:

  1. Just found your page from Bitchcakes and wanted to say keep up the good work. Sheryl is very inspiring and I love her posts. Have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for the comment, and yes she is very inspiring. she keeps me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog, but something funky going on with it lately...technical difficulties?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I am not sure what you mean by that Lynda, thanks for the comment, if you could tell me what it is doing odd for you I will look into it?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!