Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Did I just do that??

I spent a lot of time yesterday reading my Jillian Michaels' book. It was really inspirational.
I also found out that I am right on track with how many calories I should be consuming a day if I want to lose 2lbs a week.


Yesterday I found out that I do have more resolve and determination than I previously thought possible. I did the entire 30 Day Shred workout. I even did pushups, crunches, squats and presses, chest flys...

The only modification though, was I rode my stationary bike, Stella, for the cardio portion of the workout. I cannot physically do jumping jacks (I tried, nearly sprained my ankle) or anything of the sort, has to be low impact. I know that some people think I am exaggerating that I cannot run, stand on my feet for long periods of time, do jumping jacks or jump rope, any sort of jumping... but honestly, I am not capable of it. I don't like to do it either. I would if it didn't result in pain and eventual trips to my doctor and inevitable surgeries. But no. I am not pushing myself where I know I have a known weakness. I can still get a great cardio workout without running. The elliptical is a great example. Stella is too. I can even go on walks.

It was really hard to power through the work out at moments, especially when we were doing arm exercises. My shoulders are so sore. But I did everything on there to the best of my ability. I couldn't do the last set of push ups, I actually collapsed. The fact I even did 10 the first time was amazing to me.

I took a sneaky peek at the scale today... Yesterday I was at 222.6 much to my dismay but today.... 221.

Secret yay! Let's keep this trend moving, shall we?

Daily goals:
  • Take a walk today.
  • Do a load of laundry
Daily Rewards:
  • Take a nap
  • Sing off key.
See you all tomorrow


2 comments:

  1. I must check that book out! And how many calories do you consume per day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I do 1400 calories

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!