Thursday, March 4, 2010

I love my pastas!

I love my pastas. Especially my lasagna. It is my slightly skewed opinion that I make the best lasagna of my family and friends. I'd brag and say in the entire world but I have a fragile enough ego.

Case in point: One day I made lasagna for my dad, when I was still living at home. He had a plateful. A second plateful. Then he took it to lunch that day. My uncle came by and I said hey, I made lasagna, wanna plate? Ohhhh! He scarfed his down as fast as I've ever seen him eat.

The pan was officially demolished in less than an hour. Next day uncle's girlfriend calls me up and tells me how uncle had raved over my lasagna. Needless to say, I was beaming.

I often make it for my friends, its one of my most requested meals to make in fact, and I love to make it. I love to cook for friends and family, and it's always been my firm belief that food makes everything better. (Which is why I am fat)

Today I am making a double batch of lasagna, two full pans, we have some friends coming over and I want to make sure everyone gets enough. This is the first time that I have made two pans. I also added in lots of veggies this time around too, onion, green pepper, spinach and some V8 into the sauce.

I hope it turns out. I have been really good today, saving all of my calories for some hearty lasagna and a few pieces of garlic toast. Stella and I have already had our fun for the day as well.

Its nice to know that I don't have to give up my one true love (excluding hubby) just to lose weight!


In other news, its a lot warmer today than it has been and I hope spring is here to stay! We talked to our landlord today (I had to pick up a package in the office) and she is getting new exercise equipment for the fitness center and new pool furniture soon! I am so excited. I can't wait to cat nap in the sun.

4 comments:

  1. sounds yummy and i know it will be u r a good cook for sure.
    spring is coming gramma washed her car today yay also wore flip flops weeee
    have fun with friends :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey how was lasagna did u have fun night yay lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out pretty good, i had a lot of fun though i didnt get in my usual two naps so i got really tired lol

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!