Monday, March 29, 2010

Judgment Day

Its weigh in day. Let's just say the results are expected.
In a week I was doing so good, I was -2 lbs, but then I gained a whopping 2.6 back! UGH how is it in 5 days I can lose 2 lbs but then in 2 days I gain almost 3?! So unfair.

Anyway... My fancy scale stats don't lie.

My body fat percentage is up .2% since last week, water hydration is down by .9% and then of course, I went from 220 to 222.6

Bastards.

My BMI went from 37.1 to 37.2. Siiiiigh.

Well at least now I know.

However, speck of hope, ray of light, silver lining to this awful thunderstorm...

My measurements are down once again!

Chest 42 down 1"
Waist 42 no change
Hips 48.5 down .5"
Arm 13.5 down 1.5"
Thigh 26.5 down .5"
Calf 16.5 down .5"


YAY Woohoo! I have lost a total of 4" this week! And the numbers that weren't moving, are finally starting to! YAY!!!!

The only trouble is my bust and my waist are the same measurement again, effectively making me pearshaped. Blah. I did the 30 Day Shred again last night, only managed to do half the workout in the creepy fitness center. (It was dark, there was loud music, it was empty, and the mirrors... they made me shudder...)

I can't do jumping jacks. I thought maybe I could with the right kind of supportive shoe and mental attitude but I can't. Physically at least. Not because I get out of breath and my tits hit me in the face, but because my ankle started sending sharp shooting pains through my body. Today, it hurts. Bad.

But my thighs and arms feel good. A good ache. So I must be getting better at squats and presses. I think I will do the DVD still, and instead of running in place, butt kicks, or jumping jacks, I'll spin on Stella for as fast as I can. I thought I was past all the ankle limitations but once again, have deluded myself. I will try my hardest though to not let it stop me. It serves as a good reminder that I am limited, yes I have special needs for the moment, but no, it won't stop me. I can do loads of low impact things. Stella, you and me, date night. Should I bring the bike flowers if I lose 20lbs? Hmm...

So what did we learn this week?

1. I am not invincible. I will gain weight. FAST.
2. I have to work hard to achieve my results.
3. My ankle is a limitation, but not one I can't overcome.
4. If you document success as well as failure, then really, you succeed. (Thanks for that one Lisa, its so true!)

I lost 4" off my body, most of them in trouble zones. I think its the Shred, honestly. As its the only thing I did differently. 4" in 2 days?! I'm so giddy!

Despite drinking almost 2 extra bottles of water a day, I am still waaaay out side the range of hydration for my age and height, I need to be at 50% instead I'm 41%

I tried to upload a pic of my measurements but it's not loading... Anyway, I have lost a whopping 13" off my body in a month. WOW! 7 of that is from my waist, my most desired place to lose some inches. I cannot express how happy I am right now. I may not have lost a lot of weight this month or even since I started my journey, but I have lost a lot of inches. And that's really what matters. I have to keep reminding myself that I will not be a 200+ woman with a 38-34-38 hourglass figure. That's what I am shooting for, though I could easily be smaller than that when it's all said and done.

The weight will come off. I like the inches shedding off though. Very pleased. Also in 5 short posts I will be at my 200th blog! YAY gotta think of something special for that, I already have a few ideas, but going to keep them under my hat for now.


Goals for the week

Complete the entire modified 30 Day Shred Level 1 workout.
Do some more push ups on Bouncy Ball.
Wii Fit for 15 Minutes.
Walk 2x this week, for an hour each.
LOG EVERYTHING

2 comments:

  1. Remember what you say to me when I have a bad weigh-in: inches! You lost inches and that's what people see; that's what you see. You're kicking ass and taking names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I was still editing... LOL didnt even notice! Thank you so much for the reminder. Like I tell myself and everyone else... the weight will come off. Inches are what matter.

    Glad to hear that you remembered lol :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!