Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying to Lose it!

I have mentioned that I have been using this app on the iPhone called Lose it! It's free, its not perfect, but it works.

There are a lot of foods that arent in the database and I was getting rather frustrated and started looking for other apps. The others that I found are very drastically different from Lose it! The same foods have different calories, which doesn't match up with what the food says on the label or what the website says. Very confusing and inconvenient. One feature I do like though, is the option to input your own recipes, your own foods, etc. I guess I will enter every thing in manually.

Like I dont have the time or something lol that is all I have is time. Am I really that lazy that I don't want to take a few extra minutes to type in the exact amount of calories so I don't have to worry about "ballpark" figures?

Today we went to the mall, one of my favourite places to walk around. I love window shopping and regular shopping even more! We stopped in Barnes and Noble and I looked through my favourite art book, Bettie Page by Olivia! They paint all these lovely pinups of the lovely Bettie Page! It's very sexy!

But we did three laps and we even climbed up the steps instead of taking the escalator, and the steps there are STEEP! My thighs were protesting the whole time (which was only about 20 steps or so) and I was like wow, is it just me or are these steps steep? I look over at hubby and he has a pained expression on his face. Yeah, he pants, they are.

So if someone skinny and in relatively good shape like my hubby can't get up them easily, it makes me happy that I did it fairly well.

I had a steak taquito (320 calories) and I walked for 45 minutes @ 3mph (184 calories) so I am at a net 136 calories for the day so far!

In other news, not related to diet and exercise, but equally important, we finally found a car for hubby and are able to buy it this weekend! this is very exciting because now I will not be house-bound any more! YAY! Not to mention, no extra car payment! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. oh yes we all have to have a car yay for you . weather going to get nice dont want to stay home all the time

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!