Saturday, April 3, 2010

Big Fat Greek Meal

Okay I am really on post 194 I found a bunch of drafts I never intended on finishing

My in laws stopped by today with easter cookies (one for each of us, mine was pink, his was blue) and then we went to eat at a Greek & American place, which i never experienced before. I didn't realize how much FOOD they gave you my goodness. My side salad was as big as what you get at a salad bar.

and it was delicious, I had cucumber, red onion, spinach, tomato and a few other things on it, I ate about 10 or 15 bites of it which was plenty for me. Then came my meal. I got pastichio which is like this macaroni/ground beef casserole with this yummy baked topping on it. it also came with pita bread, yum, and rice pilaf.

cheese and rice, i am telling you that it was intense. I had PLENTY of left overs. I loved it. Next time though, I will get what my father in law got, he had chicken skewers.

Hubby said it was the best deep fried shrimp he ever had. LOL he really liked it.
I am not kidding at how much food they gave us. Our table was covered in plates. I had 3 plates of food lol. The Greeks arent shy on food thats for sure. It was fairly cheap too. I had way more food than I would have gotten at another eatery for about $5 less a person.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!