Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cruising

I went shopping for a bike tonight and my budget for both hubby and I was a total of $250... Now, they say that if you are 62" or taller then you should ride a 26" bike. I am 5ft5" aka 65" tall but I have no legs. Seriously, Im like a little round ball with nubs to walk around on.

We stopped by Meijer where I found a lovely beach cruiser bike that I fell in love with.


Isn't it sexy?

Unfortunately I tried it and it was too tall for me, I could barely reach the ground with my tippy toes, and that's not good, considering I have about as much balance as an elephant walking a tight rope- ie, none! It was a 26"er so I looked for a 24" no go. Apparently, bike companies do not make the same style bikes in different sizes! Bastards!!!

We left Meijer and went to Wal-Mart, I found a very similar bike in shape and color (must be trendy this season) and again, it was too big, what's worse is that I couldn't even reach the pedals. I am not kidding. Ask my husband! I would have him take a pic but he had to hold on to the bike so I wouldnt fall off and break my face!

Discouraged, we returned home and I searched online for a cruiser bike. I am really digging the style of them and I dont need a mountain bike because I live in the Midwest and there arent any mountains! At all! So I had to buy a youth bike!

Embarrassing really. But I found an ultra cute cruiser that was 24" (the height that fits me lol)



I love the color burgundy and I also love how cute and vintage it looks! Also bonus: It was only $85 dollars and I got it shipped site to store from Walmart.com (I used the express, which was an extra $30) and my husband also got his bike from there, and we get free assembly! YAY! So totally worth it. Total spent? $248.65

Did I get it down to the dime or WHAT?!
In 3-5 days you will see a sexy new bike. I still need a name for it.

2 comments:

  1. So cool!! I wish I rode bikes. But alas, I don't. I'll just sit here and be jealous of you and your cool burgundy retro bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL be so very jealous! I like riding bikes because I cant really do a lot of walking (shame because I love it) and running is a no go, so bikes are low impact and trendy! I wanted a basket too, will have to get one. Why dont you ride one?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!