Sunday, April 25, 2010

Iron out the Wrinkles

I had to buy an iron today.
I dont own one.
I dont own a mop either.
But my apartment has about 4 square feet of linoleum.
I dont need one really.

I do own a broom though.

Not the point. I needed to buy an iron TODAY
Tomorrow is a very special day and very iron-worthy.

I didnt buy an ironing board though.
I would never use it, other than just this one time.
Im not even sure I will use the iron again, to be honest.

For the first year that I had moved out of my parents', I didnt even own a hairdryer. Didn't need one. Until I needed one once. Its pink.

Likewise I am thinking that is the fate of my iron. Except its purple.
Oh, and my mom is borrowing it to iron her curtains. She didnt have an iron either. We think we may have sold it in a garage sale.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...it has been too long since I've first started out to remember what I was willing to do without.

    I am curious what you are planning to iron on? The floor? There are good reasons why there are ironing boards...and they aren't just flat...they have perforations to allow for the heat steam to dissipate through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I didn't have to iron.... *looks away in dreamy state*

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!