Saturday, April 10, 2010

A manicure and 5 cookies later...

Today I went with my mom to get our nails done. She paid for mine too wee what a nice mom thank you so much!

It was lots of fun and though I didnt stay very long I really enjoyed myself. Its hard to type though!

Emotionally though I am feeling a little drained. I got my monthly "gift" and I am cranky. I am running on no sleep & caffeine. I started feeling woozy and realized I had been up since 9am but hadnt eaten until 7:30pm I was having an out of body experience, I felt as if I was exactly 3 inches to the left of where I was physically standing. I was jumpy and skittish, thick witted and foggy.

I made homemade gyros (recipe to follow) and bought break and bake peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups. YES! They WERE that good. I was starving, so while I made dinner I guzzled down a diet Dew and ate two of the 12 chunks raw, slapped the other ten on a cookie sheet and made my gyros!

I ate a total of 5 cookies, two raw, 3 baked. I made hubby pack the rest in tupperware and sent them to work with him lol :) he can eat them all he wants but if he wasnt here and the cookies were... they wouldnt be for long knowwhatimsayin'?

Homemade gyro recipe:

Flat pita bread (not pockets)
Cucumber
Lemon
Garlic clove(s)
8 oz sliced roast beef deli meat
Greek yogurt, plain
Marjoram
Oregano
Powdered onion
Powdered garlic

1.) Peel, slice and de-seed your cucumber and cut it into manageable chunks. Take a garlic clove (or two, eight, how many you need) and dump that and your cucumber into a food processor. Take your lemon, roll it around on the counter, pressing hard with the palm of your hand (like kneading dough) This helps you squeeze the juice out better (works on limes and oranges, any thing of that nature) Squeeze out half a lemon, all the juice you can. Process until smooth. Next add in your tub of greek yogurt, I used 2 6 oz containers, and mine was a little runny, but if I had time to let it sit in the fridge, it thickens up.

2) Moving on... After that is combined, you will proceed to take your meat and microwave it to warm it up. In a small bowl combine marjoram, oregano, p. onion and p. garlic until you like how it looks (I dont really measure this stuff ever. Eyeball it) then you toss it with your meat.

3.) Heat up your George Foreman. Don't pretend you don't have one. And if you dont, garage/yard sale season is upon us and someone who has a real grill will be selling their Foreman, so buy it. Then you will slap your pita bread on there and let it get that wonderful grilled look, about 2-3 minutes.

4.) Plate it. Slap your pita down, a couple spoonfuls of sauce, your seasoned meat and voila! Better than Arby's. If you are so inclined to ruin it with lettuce, tomato, onion or god forbid it, french fries, then so be it.

5.) Buy a dozen cookies, eat the raw dough, make the rest, go to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh a manicure!! :) Lucky! I used to give myself one every Sunday.I must give myself a treat and spend some time pampering next Sunday.... I now spend the precious Sunday time obsessing/planning what the man and I are going to eat for the week.

    He's picky. KnoWhatIsayin? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know what you mean by picky eaters (I am one.... if its green, I run screaming in the other direction.) Two words for you: V8! Yes I know that was one word, but put it in everything anyways!

    I love your comments! Thank youuuuu also blog more plskthnx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie dough is one of my most favorite things! I had 2 chuncks last week myself! Ooops! Sometimes you just gotta do it and get it out of your system!
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!