Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why I Love Lists

Lists are awesome, especially if you are ADD.

Imagine, you have to go to the store, you need something kind of important, like shampoo right? While you are at the store you see your favorite candy on sale and decide to get that. Wait! You need new fake eyelashes, your current pair is a bit raggedy, and ooh! is that new nail polish? hmm you better pick up some sleeping pills too, you have your days and nights mixed up and wait, you are out of soda! Okay, lets go home... You get home and realize SHOOT! I forgot shampoo!

See why I need lists? I usually make one an hour before I go to the store. Or if I want to make a specific store run, where I need only x amount of items. The danger though, is losing the list (misplacing or forgetting it) somewhere between the apartment and the store. Is it in my purse? My pockets? My bra? My shoe? (Ok, I'm a weirdo) is it in the car? Did I leave it at home aaaahh panic.

I like lists because they are an easy way to catalog things. You can list anything in the world! Like favorite ice cream flavors, meals for the week, songs, your medications, dream items you want to purchase, your fears, your goals in life, what room or chores you will do today...
Questionnaires and surveys? LISTS of questions you answer!

Besides lists, I also love spreadsheets. Why do I love spreadsheets you ask? They are more organized lists, electronic lists! You know what you can do with them? You can organize things by category, occurrence, alphabetical order, numerical order, etc. Then you can use the data to make pie charts and graphs!

Holy sh--crap! Well, anyway, that being said, I am making a spreadsheet of songs my parents and husband like, as well as what I like. Did you know? We are carpooling. Can you call it a carpool if its over 8 hours? OK OK its a road trip! I know some of you are thinking eww a vacation with your parents and your husband?? You dont have awesome parents like I do though. You are just jealous.

The last time I went to Gatlinburg, I weighed 198 lbs. Don't ask me how I remember the exact number, its just something I remember. Its also the last time I had seen my granny. I would love to be at least 180 by then. Can I do it, 40 lbs in 12 weeks? Also I will permanently associate "Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight" with this lift that shuttled you up the mountainside to a frightening 1800 feet. My best friend kept singing it and then of course, it got stuck in my head. Also, I had my dreaded perm. Lets see if I can dig up a pic so I can post it! LOL lets all make fun of my mistakes!!

Things I am also addicted to: Blogging. Which explains most of my double posts. Shhh.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a list maker too. Lists of things to do, things to buy, blog ideas, things I love about my boyfriend, things I hate about my boyfriend, whatever...

    40 pounds in 12 weeks is a lot. More power to you but perhaps you want to aim for 25 and if you lose more - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm good point. I guess I was assuming that if I did 30 day shred every day until then I would lose at least 40 considering it claims you can lose 20 lbs in 30 days lol we will see

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was 40 pounds lighter too lsat time
    and we felt so fat then
    yikes we can do it

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!