Friday, April 30, 2010

Shredded Beef Enchiladas.

I bought a roast last night and decided I would slap it in the slow cooker and make some shredded beef for enchiladas and the left overs would be perfect for sandwiches.

After it had started to cook, I remembered that it was a Curves day, meaning I would be out of town all day, unable to make enchiladas before my husband had to go to work. Aww. Well he can have a sandwich of shredded beef and make some mac and cheese, he thinks this sounds yummy and easy enough to do.

When I get home, I can make up the enchiladas, rolling the tortillas and everything. I even got some green chillies for them, the first time that I have ever used them. Hubby likes a bit of spice, me? well I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to spice.

I found a good recipe on AllRecipes.com for shredded beef a la slow cooker.
I have snuck a tasty taste, and so far it is delicious. I didnt buy a great cut of beef, but a decent one and I have to say that it is turning out to be quite tender. Its only been 4 hours and its already so juicy. Wow, I am getting hungry smelling it. Its time for bed.

xo I will let you all know how it turned out. Be jealous. And Paula, if you read this one today, its because I am so JEALOUS of your yummy food your hubby makes you, that I wanted to do this today.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!