Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sore and Sleepy

I am so sore today. Lets review what hurts, starting bottom up! My ankles. Plural. My bad one hurts so bad it makes me limp I mean walk very purposefully. The good one, well it hurts too but more like a dull ache only when I put pressure on it. Both of my calves are sore. My knees hurt. My thighs too. My upper arms. My back. My neck.


I mentioned yesterday that I went to Curves and a walk, and then rode bikes. What I failed to mention however, is how incredibly sore I already was, but didnt want to stop. I pushed myself to go bike riding. I really didn't want to. I wanted to nap. I was tired!

I also mentioned that I didnt really eat a lot that day. This isnt very fun. LOL I enjoy eating :( I will do my best to eat every few hours today, and make sure I count my calories too.

I havent been journaling very much lately in the way of calories and as much as I hate to admit it, its something that is really holding me back.

I feel like I can't seem to do two things at once. I cant journal AND exercise! That would be toooo harrrrrd! /sarcasm

I need to get on program. I need to see my calories as money. Is it worth "spending" them on this peanut butter cup? Is it worth 15 minutes of working out to burn the calories?

I made a new spreadsheet. Surprise! I made it for Curves though. I can't wait to get my little doohicky thing that will tell me how long and hard I have worked out how many calories Ive burnt and all that other jazz. I thrive on data. I should learn to make databases.

I know, its Tuesday. And yes, I've weighed myself. No, I don't feel like sharing.

....FINE 222!

Are you happy!?

I know I am. For a while there this week, it was staring me at 224.8. Yeeeeah. Not good. At least I have gotten a slap in the face reality wise. I WILL get back on track. I will journal. I will track. I will go to Curves on Wednesday and Friday.
I will give it my all. I will track. Did I mention I was going to track? :P



Thank you all for the kind comments yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. Sore is good...it is Delayed Muscle Soreness (DMS), but don't be shocked if you gain a couple pounds in the next 1-4 days...it is likely water retention from your muscles working to repair themselves.

    Also...make sure you eat within 30-45 minutes after your workout...something with protein if you are strength training.

    Sore is good! Pain is not...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to weigh myself more than once a week. Its hard though. That scale is almost as tempting as a batch of peanut butter cookies. Almost. Mmm. What was I saying? lol

    DMS eh? I will have to start looking into the science of it all, as its interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great. I'm proud of your spreadsheet. :) That's very organized, motivated and energetic.

    I agree. Sore is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calories as money...I like it. Works for me! Sore is good, but hunger pangs, not so much. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!