Sunday, April 11, 2010

update on the gyro recipe

LOL this is a diet blog and I post a recipe with no nutritional information... Doh!

Ok, Arby's gyro has 560 calories a serving
My gyro (which has more beef and the sauce isnt made with ranch) has 370 calories. 190 less than Arbys!

I also used the pita bread to make a BBQ chicken pizza, my other current obsession.
A personal pan BBQ chicken pizza from Pizza Hut... averages out to 655.. ok, ok its not on Pizza Huts menu but everything else is... and its staggering! A meat lovers personal pan ( my fav) is 850 calories! the option with the least amount of calories (veggie supreme or ham and pineapple) is 550...

My BBQ chicken pita thing... 1 pita bread, 160 cal. 3 oz chicken breast strips 100 cal. 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese 80 cal 2 Tbl BBQ sauce 50 cal... 390! YAY and its the same size too, it tastes kind of like a combination between hand tossed dough and thin crust, not to mention that the edges of my chicken when I order it are always hard and icky, but on my pita pizza it was so fresh and tender, and juicy.

Take that Pizza Hut! Now if I can only find a lower calorie solution to their delicious delicious garlic bread with cheese mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!