Wednesday, May 26, 2010

360? 680!!

Screw 360s! Thats just a complete circle. I'm hard core now. I burned 330 calories at Curves today and also 350 on Stella at home (My stationary bike, for you new readers.)

I am so proud of myself for burning so many calories today, considering I am very nervous about this job interview for hubby, and normally when I am anxious I want to eat (not going to lie, had a bowl of sugar free, fat free vanilla ice cream with sugar free chocolate syrup) but I would keep eating. Until one of two things happened: Food coma, or getting sick and miserable.

I decided to work off some of my extra energy and anxiety on Stella and I am proud of myself. I wanted to do a half marathon (13 miles) or 1000 calories, whichever turned up on my display first but I am very tired yet proud of my accomplishment. I biked for a full 30 minutes as well, at a slower pace (about 7 miles an hour, top out at 3.6 miles total)

Now if you look at what I did (3.6 miles) versus what I wanted to do (13 miles) you will see I only made it about 25% of the way. Thats ok. I was doing this to keep my mind occupied, not to push myself. Anything is better than nothing, as Sheryl said in her blog today.

I believe its true. I want to believe that every little bit helps. And my mom has a theory "One LB lost is better than 2 lbs gained" which is what would happen if I wasnt trying. I'd like to adapt that to "350 calories burnt is better than 700 calories consumed"! Because lets face it, when you are worried or stressed over something you are not thinking "ooh I'll have an apple" you are thinking "I could use some gosh darn cheese fries right about NOW"

MMM cheese fries. See the hardest part of weight loss for me is giving up those things. The cheese fries. And I know I shouldnt *have* to give them up, I can budget them into my daily allowance, say, once every two weeks as a splurge (and really, 350 calories for a side of cheese fries isnt horrible, as long as you dont get the 580 calorie cheeseburger and the 900 calorie shake.)

I ate a taco today. With LETTUCE on it. I am not a fan of lettuce by any means. Its all watery and crunchy and has no taste to it at all. Especially iceberg lettuce. No, I prefer a salad with dark leafy greens. Spinach, arugula, etc. I will eat a salad if it has more darker veggies in it than lighter ones, because they actually have *flavor* to them and usually arent too crunchy.

I also drank a gallon of water in 24 hours. Woot! LOL

I hopped on my fancy scale (which is really a piece of crap) to check my water hydration and I should be at the 50% target, but I usually sit at the 40% line and it said I was at 43% which is some improvement. It also said that I weighed 211. I wish! Thats like... way lower than usual. So I hopped on my ACCURATE scale and it said what I saw this morning 223. Then I tried the POS scale again and it said 228.

Screw them. I am only going to weigh in at Curves, once a month, and continue to push myself to burn over 500 calories a day. I think if I can do that, then there will have to be some sort of movement on some level. Inches lost, body fat lost, lbs lost... Its all gotta go somewhere. I cant work so hard and then not see any results, ever.

Ill leave you with this pic, which is the most current of me. You will see that I have a waist again.



Pretty great when you think you are looking good in sweat pants, eh?

But this is what I used to look like:




Notice how happy my husband looks! lol

But isnt that sad... That cake looks so tiny compared to me. I mean, it was a smaller cake, but it was still big enough to feed like 15 people.

I see a definite difference in my appearance, even if the scale isnt showing a significant amount of weight loss.

4 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! What a difference--then vs. now!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job ,God the cake looks yummy lol gramma
    im proud of u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Christine :) All your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!