Thursday, May 13, 2010

New World Recoooord!!!

I am positively beaming!

Ok, ok, it might be all the blood rushing to my head and back to my toes and back again, but I am really really proud of myself.

Fantastically so!!!

I told my husband, and my mom, and any one who will listen that I needed to up my cardio more. Curves just wasnt doing it alone! I needed more cardio, blah blah blah. Truth of the matter is, I just needed more exercise.

Today I did it though! The most I've ever done in my entire (fat) life! I biked for an hour on Stella. A whole HOUR.

Thats right ladies and gentlemen, ONE HOUR, NINE and a half miles, 856.4--I repeat-- EIGHT HUNDRED FIFTY SIX (point four) CALORIES!

Its nothing like my friend Sheryl can accomplish, after all she did the 5 Boro Bike Tour (in heels and a skirt no less) over 50 miles. I have done well... 9.5. But hey, thats over twice as much as I did last time, and I hope that I can keep adding miles and miles to my sessions.


I feel like I really accomplished something today, I am so proud of myself, I cant believe that I have done this. I set my mind to it, and I did it!

To be honest though, it really really sucked. The first twenty minutes were killer, and I was already sore and tired. I wanted to quit. But I kept making myself go just a bit farther. I would switch back and forth on the display between distance and calories. I would push myself, ok, get to xx amount of calories before this song was over.

After I hit 30 minutes, it didnt feel so tough anymore, I got in the zone, and it stayed that way for a bit, until I had ten minutes left.


I started getting a stitch in my side and my chest started to hurt, like I couldnt get enough air. I slowed down a little, and breathed in and out through my nose, several deep breaths. I told myself I am worth it, and if I can push through this little pain, then I will see big results. I feel it in my legs. They are like jelly.

I am so proud that I pushed myself that extra mile (or 5 lol) and that I made myself accomplish something. I have always been a quitter. An "eh thats good enough" type of person.

Now I can say I can do it. Not only can, but did. I DID ride an hour straight today. I DID do 5 extra miles and I DID burn over 850 calories. I AM amazing.

No more "What if I can't"

Just "What if I can?"

3 comments:

  1. Good job! You are right! You are worth the extra mile (or 5 :) I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud! It is a breakthrough to realize how much more capable we are than our minds sometimes limit us to.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!