Saturday, May 8, 2010

Something wicked this way comes....

Excuse the Harry Potter reference.

We have been getting some wicked storms lately, not as bad as TN and down south in general, but still pretty harsh for our little neck of the woods. And its right outside my door. Today on the news, there were 12 powerline poles snapped at the base of the pole on the street over. There were also 2 traffic lights out, and not to mention loads of felled trees.

The crack of lightning and the boom of thunder shake our apartment.

Couple this with construction outside my door whenever its not raining, those scant few hours a day, even on weekends, and it makes for a very nerve wracking situation.

With all the beeping and booping and cracking and booming, its a wonder I have not climbed the walls yet.

Luckily I still have power. 1500 people in my area dont right now, and I am fortunate enough to have only flickering lights. I have already prepared the candles and gotten the flashlights round.

Hopefully the worst is over now.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to keep your power on...I hope my kids have power too. Soon it will all be over. Construction, thunder, everything. :) The worst is definitely over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe get those iphones and lappies charged while you can

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!