Monday, May 24, 2010

A Tisket A Tasket

Well I had already bragged about Curves today. If you follow me on Twitter then you will also know that I bragged that I went on an hour bike ride as well. We went on our favourite trail and I was so excited to go! It was a lovely 88 degrees out. I packed up a few bottles of water one for me and one for the hubs, and off we went.

I would say we skedaddled.


Anyway, I was determined to accomplish a few things on this ride: I wanted to go further, and I wanted to ride up every hill. I hate hills. But what I hate more is I allow the protesting my legs are doing to convince my head that I cant. So while I was chuggin along up these hills (none of which are big, or probably even noticeable to most people) I told myself-- OUTLOUD-- That I will go up this hill. Its either the hill or me, and I'll be damned if its me.

Eff you hill! I gasped as I huffed and puffed, lugging my Beach Cruiser up with my tired, already worked out to the max legs, and I said I am not going to give up. I can do this. I will do this.

By the time my rant was over, I was over it. The incline, I mean.

We also went further down the path, and I think we probably did a total of 3-5 miles, round trip. Which is pretty darn awesome. And I guesstimate that I burned approximately 500 calories. I am proud of myself for going the extra distance (literally and metaphorically) and for pushing my limits just a little bit.

But its beddy-by time for me, kiddos. I am tired, and I need to catch up on my beauty sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!