Thursday, June 3, 2010

Alli

First, Food log! YAY

Breakfast: Protein shake which contained protein powder, 1% milk and 2 T lite Hershey's syrup: 295 calories

Lunch: Nachos Supreme from Taco Bell with 20 Cherry Pepsi
680 calories

Dinner: Awesome grilled chicken salad with baby greens, including endive, carrot, arugula, blah blah, with 1/4 c reduced fat cheddar cheese, 4 T of light ranch dressing, and 1 chopped egg, 385 calories.

Exercise, 3 miles walking around the mall, 1 hour, 243 calories
Stella, 8 minutes, 150 calories. Total consumed 1360/1800 and total exercised 397/500



I started taking Alli yesterday. Its something I have had laying around the house for a while and never really stuck to on plan, because lets face it, I'm not much of a pill popper. I always start strong, then fizzle out.

Yesterday I managed to take all three pills. You take one with each meal and it "blocks" half of the fat you consume, by not letting your body digest it. Side effects... aren't pretty.

Listed on the side of the bottle: "Bowel changes may occur if you eat too much fat. These include gas with oily spotting, loose stools, more frequent stools that may be hard to control"

Nice. Poop your pants but look skinny. Since I work in the home, I don't really consider this a major problem.

Secondly, it has a nice little online program similar to Weight Watchers (but its free) and you customize your meals and exercise plan. Each day you get an email. Its a 25 week process, each week is a different step and you are given challenges each week. Based on my height and weight, it put me at 1800 calories a day and gave me a menu of items to eat, 3 meals and 2 snacks, along with all the nutritional information in each meal. It's pretty spiffy.

I do have to say though, that you really do end up going to the bathroom more. And if you arent following a low fat diet to begin with, the results could possibly be disastrous.

How do I feel about taking a weight loss supplement pill? Well, mixed reviews on that. Not really digging the actual process of taking the medication, but loving the fact that it keeps one pretty regular, the hardest part will be remembering to take them, I like the layout of the website (myalli.com) and it was free to join and register. The pills are a little on the expensive side, so if you arent willing to pay for them and use them every day, not worth it. They have a shopping list that you can customize and print out, which is cool. When I get some money to buy groceries, I'll have to take advantage of that.

I'll let you know how it goes.

PS I dont consider this cheating. Its not a "cleanse and burn" Its following a sensible, low fat diet with exercise, important health information and tips, and a partial fat blocker. It doesnt mean I can binge all I want on cookies and cakes and still lose.

PPS: No one asked me to do this about Alli, it was not endorsed nor did I receive any compensation in any form

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!