Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Facing the Dark

As you may or may not know, I'm terrified of the dark.
I also dont like sunlight. Im a twilight kind of gal!

Anyway. I had gotten something on my new yellow shirt (darn you dirty kitchen! Time to scrub you clean!) and had taken it off and happened to have looked in the mirror in the bathroom. The hall light was on but the bathroom light was off.

I saw: A tired, puffy eyed woman wearing glasses, with dirty hair pulled away from her face and a grumpy face, upset about the yellow shirt stain :(

What I noticed: I had collar bones. Collar bones! I missed them so much. They somehow got lost in all of my subsequent fat and I have been longing their return.


I turned on the light, to better oogle them. THEY WERE GONE! What! Wait, I just saw them where could they possibly have run off to? Collar bones? *whimper* I flick the light off again, and notice they return.

Hmm. Then I play "light switch rave" flicking the lights on and off again several more times to confirm my theory.

See, I have collar bones. They are there. I just have to be in shadow for me to see them. Which leads me to this conclusion....

Being in the dark can be pretty great.

Let's face it, normally we hide in the dark. Honey, turn off the light, as I dont want you to see all my bad parts, the love handles and muffin tops, the cellulite, the belly. Anything we dont want to show off. But the bad thing is being in the dark, we dont realize when we have some good parts. You know, like collar bones. :D

I had just been talking about them earlier today as well. I was lamenting to hubby that I no longer had them. But see, I do have them. A small, subtle divet. Oh yes. I cant wait until they make their full appearance. It was like they showed me a bit of ankle, a little tease to get me excited and begging for more. I am begging already.

After I had gotten over playing in the bathroom, I decided to ride my stationary bike, Stella. I wanted to do 20 minutes or 200 calories, whichever came first. I surpassed 200 calories then decided to crank the resistance up all of the way. I was doing great, considering it took every ounce of strength, effort, and will to keep peddling. It was HARD! I managed another 50 calories and 5 minutes on my time, and was so out of breath I had to call it quits.

I hope to go to Curves tomorrow or if not, swimming. I desperately need to see some sun. I am so pale I glow. Not even kidding.

1 comment:

  1. Yow will get cured for your pale color. Don't bother for that. Just eat healthy diet.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!