Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Aquacise! (Results)

Today was the first day of Aquacise. There were about 10 people there, including my grandma and myself, and the instructor has been doing it for 16 years.

It was a lot of fun, there are floaty dumbbells that we use, made out of a styrofoam I think, and those water noodles. Part of the class is cardio and the other part is strength training.

I was the youngest one there, which I expected, so of course, I was going a lot harder and faster than anyone else because well... I can! The water was a balmy 84 degrees, and I didnt want to get out, I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for next week and I am already looking forward to it.

The best part of the whole day was when we were sitting on the noodles, having them between our legs, we were supposed to lean back a little and kick our legs forward, well I leaned back too far and overbalance, falling into the water, legs in the air. Haha! I came up laughing just at how silly I looked. When we were doing the cool down I was standing in the deep end (5 ft.... hahah) and we were doing squats to stretch out our quads, well that put me in the water up to my nose, and I started laughing then too. My grandma was concerned I would drown (laughing underwater isnt good) so she made me go in the shallower end.

I had gotten a little sunburnt from swimming yesterday but it has already tanned up. My face is still red, and I had slathered sunscreen all over it, so I am glad that I did. I may look into getting some noodles and stuff for our pool here, and do some at home aquacise.

I had forgotten how much I love the water. It is so much fun to be there and swim around. I plan on spending a lot of time in the water and out in the sun this summer, I really enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun! I hope that it keeps staying fun. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so fun! I joined the swim team in HS and really slimmed down, of course our warm up was 20 laps of the pool!

    I'm glad to hear that you are looking forward to going back next week. Any type of exercise that is fun, is definitely worth doing again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a water aerobics class on Mondays and Wednesdays which sounds like what you're doing and I love it! I've always loved being in the water, and I could spend hours there happily, so the class is perfect for me. We use the noodles, and boy, can you feel the burn sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a blast in the water. Too funny about falling back on the noodle. I can just picture you with legs in the air. I love the water but don't know how to swim and for some reason, I just don't think a noodle will hold all 175lbs.

    Glad you're enjoying yourself. Loved the part about you saying how you were faster than everyone because, well, you can. Love it.

    Hugs,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!