Thursday, June 17, 2010

Noodles!

Hubby and I bought noodles for our pool at the complex, and we tried them out for the first time today. He thought it was a little silly I wanted to use a noodle but I convinced him to bring them anyway and we should have fun and not care what anyone else thinks.

Now, I float really really well. Even in deep water, I bob to the surface quite easily I think its because I have such a high body fat percentage, and fat floats. True story. Hubby, on the other hand, who doesnt have any fat at all, sinks. He is bummed out he cant float as well as I can. Even with the noodle, he still sank. I was fine. I gave him both noodles and I just tread water. He finally floated hehe.

I sat with the noodle between my legs and would kick with my legs and use my arms to pull myself from one end of the pool to the other and did this about a dozen or so times. Our pool is L shaped so I did it in the deep end, where the bottom of the L would be and its about 10 ft across, and 9ft deep. Then I swam a few laps on my own. I have awesome goggles too, that allow me to swim and keep my contacts in so I can see. Hubby is jealous. We will buy him some as well.

After an hour we got out and dried off enjoying the sun, then we went inside. I cleaned the kitchen and rode Stella for 10 minutes to do a bit of interval training. I have burned a total of 689 calories so far today. I have consumed 950, Im net 260 for the day.

Swimming makes me so tired, I could sleep all day long. I have been really good this week in not taking a nap mid day but today its a struggle to keep my eyes open.

4 comments:

  1. Naps are good for you! The best nap is after a workout, especially a swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noodles are the best, especially for someone like me who never learned how to swim well. How do you know how many calories burned? Did you buy a heart rate monitor or something? Good going, water girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda- I use the Lose It! App for the iPhone so it would be a guesstimate at best, but I am far too cheap to buy a HRM. I use the app to track my calorie intake as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a winner! Come pick it up at my blog, you beautiful blogger!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!