Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Recap and Lookin' Goooooood

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend, I know that I did!

We were scheduled to have dinner at my mom's yesterday afternoon, around 3, but it got pushed back to about 5 because of a few things.

1.) Hubby had to work over until 3pm instead of getting off at 2pm
B) We battled torrential downpours on the way over, as we were driving RIGHT INTO THE STORM. Needless to say, good thing hubby drove, I was a mess watching. Didn't help mom was texting. Hahaha.

It was so bad, you couldnt see ten feet in front of you on the highway, and people were still driving like idiots. We made it safe and sound. A trip that normally takes 20 minutes took about 45.

For dinner we had
-Salad, complete with baby lettuces, spinach, endive, and shredded carrots. Toppings included hard boiled eggs, grape tomatoes, croutons and chopped bacon. Light French for dressing. I had a huge bowl of greens with a sprinkle of everything else. Delish.
(Note: I was actually *disappointed* when I finished all the greens and was only left with toppings. That has never happened!)

-Main course of STEAK!! ME WANT MEAT!!! *cough* Anyway, dad has a propane grill that I have never ever ever used, and I was supposed to teach him how to grill properly. My dad has a philosophy on grilling and its "The more heat and fire you have the quicker your food gets done" But thats not how you do it. I also grilled out some corn on the cob, roasted it straight on the grill, and also four HUGE steaks! HUGE, bigger than my head. Not even kidding. I grilled them to medium rare (we all like our cow mostly dead)They were perfect.

-Sides include the aforementioned grilled corn on the cob, marinated in melted butter, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Delish. Also had baked potato and a huge garlic bread loaf that I had stuffed full of provolone cheese.

I had a big bowl of salad, half of a steak, and two pieces of garlic bread with cheese. I was stuffed! I also had a Mike's Light Hard Lemonade. I felt so good though, and had a blast with my family!


Yesterday was the unofficial start of summer as we all know, and I thought it would be a good idea to try on my swimsuit from last year, to see where I stand fit-wise. It feels a little looser but over all I think its a better fit than it was last year and looking in the mirror I noticed two things: I look GREAT in it and my stomach is waaaaay smaller.

Hurray! I might need a new suit at the end of the summer but I am not going to be in any rush, I actually feel confident in my suit this year. Big difference from last year

3 comments:

  1. Good job lady. Holiday weekends can be tough. Sounds like you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    My size is a 36DDD. I want to be a full B or small C. I have no idea if they can do that, but I will keep you posted. I have very heavy and pendulous breasts so this is a gift.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!