Sunday, June 13, 2010

WOOO HOOOO

TODAY I RODE MY BIKE FOR 4.5 MILES AND OFFICIALLY BEAT YESTERDAY'S TIME BY 3 MINUTES AND 51 SECONDS!!

4.5 MILES IN 24'51" MINUTES!!


I did it "interval" style. If you watched Losing it with Jillian, this woman wanted to run a 5k and Jillian brought her co-workers out to help her train. The guy said that they would train in intervals, running for 60 seconds and then taking a 90 second recovery. I decided to employ this method and it really worked! The minute of fast paced cycling was over before I knew it (15 mph) and the recovery 90 seconds was long enough to allow me to catch my breath and ease up my tense muscles (9mph) I can bicycle a 5k easy now. I think I will try training for a 10k.

So in two days, I've ridden 9.0 miles in 53'15" and I have burned 810 calories.

I am officially in the negative calorie range for today (as of now) Woohoo!!

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!