Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Exciting!!

Lots of exciting things at the HTMLN household, kiddos!

*Hubby got a great new job. Not only is it full time work, it has FANTASTIC, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE benefits. To sum up, when we had our fancy, high paying, full time jobs with benefits almost two years ago, it pales in comparison to this job. He is never allowed to quit. EVER.

*My mom and gramma are (supposedly) coming swimming at my apartment in 7 hours. I say supposedly because my family is not what I call diligent about keeping plans made. I'd say we are flaky at best, but I don't consider that a bad quality. It keeps things interesting. Will they show? Won't they? I'm the same way, so I can't say anything bad. Yes it is an Aquacise day, but meh. I'd rather enjoy some sunshine.

*I'm getting my hair styled. I'm not allowed to say I'm getting it "cut" though, because everyone seems to freak out. Grandma looks worried, like she might be physically ill, mom tries to sound encouraging and tells me to "let [the stylist] do it, she knows what she's doing" and hubby outright whined. "nnnnnnoooooooo you caaaaaaaaannnnnnnt"
Look, I only had my hair chopped off twice (that I can remember). Once because my grandma let me pick out my hairstyle (can you say bowl cut?) and the other when I had the horrible perm (and that was almost to my shoulders, so it wasn't really that short) But everyone likes my long hair, me included. I just want layers again, and like *cough6inchescutoffcoughcoughmumblecough* Just wait. They will love it. If not, I'll wear a bag over my head. I don't care, haha!

*I havent had heartburn in 3 days! Huzzah! I'm on Prilosec OTC, and I have to say, yeah, it really works. It was getting to the point where almost everything was irritating my stomach and now, I'm good. I'm still not you know, drinking 8 gallons of garlic butter and eating raw onions or anything.


*I went to Curves today. While I only burned 275 calories, at least I went. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but I did. It was fun(ish). There were the crazy, talkative cows there today. Both skinny older women who look like twigs and continually STOP on the machines to chatter, while us fatticans are sweating, gasping dying, wondering when they will move their arses so we can get our three laps done and we can guzzle down our water that we keep eying in the cooler. Not that I am complaining or pointing fingers, but there should be a fast lane and a slow lane. Seriously.


Considering the very real possibility that I will have company coming over today, and I am planning on getting up when hubby leaves for work on his first day, I should probably say "Good night y'all" and get to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to hubby on the new amazing job! I'm about to get my hair chopped off, and my family is okay with it - in theory. We'll see how they are when it happens.

    I can relate to the "slow lane/fast lane" at Curves idea. That would be great! I am one of the Curves members who still hasn't upgraded to SmartCurves, and I get frustrated when I get stuck behind a SmartCurves person when I want to move on!!

    Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crap u right again guess we set for a sat. swim with you now maybe even u daddy will be there hmm
    sorry gramma

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!