Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 13- Battling the Inner Me

A short conversation with myself:


Me: Morning self, you have a busy day ahead working all day
Self: Yeah I know I am not going to feel like doing anything else
Me: Yeah its worth it in the end though.
Self: I should totally get some roast beef sandwiches from Arby's.
Me: Mmm I love roast beef.
Self: Let's go get some.
Me: No.
Self: Make hubby go.
ME: Tempting.
Self: You should. Do it.
Me: Really tempting. But no. I'll just have a sandwich.
Self: How about pizza? You love pizza just as much as I do!
Me: Maybe even more. That does sound good, but I can't control myself with pizza.
Self: It's ok! You deserve it. You've been good every single day!
Me: Ha! Nice try. Hubby will make me a sandwich.
Self: ....but I love pizza.
Me: We can have a pita pizza later. I'll make it with turkey pepperoni.
Self: *pouts*
Me: *ignores it*
Self: ...but I'm still hungry
Self: ....really hungry.
Self: Hey! I'm hungry! Do something about it!
Me: *drinks diet soda*
Self: Are you listening?
Self: Hello??
Self:....fine! When I starve to death it will be your fault.
Self: Why can't I have pizza?
Me: I already told you. I can't control myself. Sorry.

I'm still debating internally but basically it just goes back and forth "yes!" "no!"

Don't worry, I'm not going to succumb to the allure of pizza. I do love it but some day I will be able to have a piece and enjoy it. I hope. Sweets and chocolate aren't so hard to ignore, it's pizza and pasta that I love :(

1 comment:

  1. I just had a similar conversation on my blog the other day. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!