Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 15- Half-way there!

Firstly a recap of yesterday, Day 14

-Family function day! It was my mother in law's birthday celebration, so we went out to eat. I had made sure not to eat before hand. I knew it was going to be an "over budget" day.

We went to eat at a nice place and I had 2 pita chips with a spoonful of spinach-artichoke dip, 1 breadstick, and four bites of my awesome burger! It was a goat cheese and white cheddar garlic burger on a toasted garlic french roll. Needless to say, I was burping up garlic all day! I also had baked mac and cheese on the side, of which I sampled. I boxed up the rest and took it home. Then we headed back to the in-laws for cake and ice cream. I had one scoop of butter pecan ice cream and one modest slice of cake. I was sooo stuffed!

That's more than I've eaten in a long time! Later that night, I had the rest of the mac and cheese and the burger came split into two halves, hubby had one and I had the other that I had nibbled on earlier. Sooo good.

Yesterday was also the day I gave away the beautiful wrap I had been working on. I was sad to see it go *sniff sniff* but she loved it so much, it made me really happy. I almost cried. But keep that between you and me, internet!

I know I look upset, but I am trying not to drop my phone, I swear!

It's really big, bigger than my arm span, which is 5ft4 :)

The shell detail.

I ended up using over 13.5 ounces of yarn, which is 3.5 ounces more than the pattern called for, but when I completed it per the instructions it was way way too small, so I added another section (and another ball of yarn!)

Now I am going to make some socks. I'm nervous about it but I hope they turn out. I have some lovely warm yarn to use for them, purple of course! :) It's a beginner's level pattern but it's full of increases and decreases, so I have to practice that before I can start them. I have lots of practice yarn too.

2 comments:

  1. That wrap is beautiful - you have a lucky mother-in-law! I've been getting the urge to start a new knitting project lately and actually picked up a new skein yesterday at Michaels on a whim. I'm going to try to make some arm-warmers/fingerless gloves for Fall. I didn't realize until I got home that the pattern called for the use of 4 double-pointed needles. So....that's totally new to me! Wish me luck, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!