Friday, August 6, 2010

Grumble grumble

Not much grumbling, I promise :)

I went to the doctor, turns out its an inner ear infection. Fantastic. A drainage tube is either inflamed or blocked up, causing improper drainage, hence water in the ear for four days. I had to see another doctor than my usual one, and I could barely understand him, he was very soft spoken.

He put me on two meds, a decongestant and some ear drops. The ear drops are to help clear the infection and also stop my ears from itching. My ear itches because there is water trickling down my ear, so the drops.... do the same thing. 2 drops 4 times a day, and one pill for the decongestant.

I spent an hour there and at the pharmacy. It still cracks me up that even though I have been going to that pharmacy for years and know everyone by at least sight, that they freak out I'm Mrs Maiden-name. LOL They never remember that I am married.

Oh well.

I am extremely sore today (YAY!!) and I have been laying around. I went to visit my mom and we just watched True Blood and chatted all day long. I made dinner. I cuddled with the dog.
I didn't do much else.

I'm not sweating it. But tomorrow, 30 day shred.

I got my lab order for my blood work but I am going to wait a few months to get it done, I want to make sure my insurance covers it before I attempt to get it done only to find out I have to pay in full. I'd also like to nip any potential problems in the bud before hand.

I mean, no sense in waiting to find out from the lab results that I am pre-diabetic, right? Wouldn't it be best to work off a few (dozen) pounds and get on the right track? That way it's not such a shock?

Blood pressure was a little high, because I was nervous and didn't take a Xanax (left them at home, stupid me!) 132/80 not too bad.



the worst part is those stupid drops.

the best part was seeing my parents and hanging out with them. God I missed them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!