Friday, August 6, 2010

I am the CHAMPION!! again

So I started running yesterday. Yep, I did a mile, just to prove I could, and at a great time of 7 minutes and 20 seconds (I'm still beaming from that) I know that I did well because I posted it on my facebook and I got lots of congratulations :) one of my friends (who is perfectly slim) says she can't run a mile in under 10 minutes. I'm not sure how much I believe that, but I appreciate it all the same.

I also did 30 day Shred today. I was so ready to quit half way through. So ready to give up, but every time I was about to I'd say just one more (squat, push up etc) and then we would be at the next section. The worst part is the bicycle crunches. It's the last minute of the whole work out and for me the most taxing. Gaaawd.

I was drenched in sweat. Every pore was spewing out sweat. It was really disgusting. I did the cool down and then hit the shower. My legs were so weak, they were trembling. My arms were so sore, it hurt to lift them to wash my hair. I was worried I would collapse so I made it a quick shower and then went to sit down and drink some water while I recuperated.

That is the most intense 28 minutes I've done. I tried level 2 and omg I am not ready for it.

Tomorrow's game plan:

-Protein shake for breakfast
-If we get paid, then to my hometown to visit my mammy and take the dog for a walk.
-Failing that, a walk on the local trail. In capris.
-10 minute fun run on the elliptical.
-If I can, go to the doctor to get my ear checked out and set up my blood work appointment. I've had water trapped in my ear for 4 days now, it also itches like crazy.
-Lunch of leftover hamburger helper
-Take pictures.
-Upload said pics.
-Dinner of chicken nuggets and tator tots. Hubby's fav hehe

Eff. I am now nervous about going to the doctor and getting weighed. UGH. Like a band aid... like a band aid.

I'll let you all know how that goes later on.

3 comments:

  1. You are a speed demon. Seriously. Be proud!
    I've been meaning to check out the 30 day Shred video. I really need to some strength training. It sounds like you're getting a good workout from it - would you recommend it?
    Good luck at the doctor's office!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that's twice as fast as I can run! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!! Keep it up. I've never in my life been able to run a mile in less than 13 minutes. You're kicking ass :-)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!