Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thighs... Like.... Noooooodles!

Ooooh yeah. I'm feeling it. My thighs are like noodles. Giant, jelly noodles that protest every time I get up.

"Stop, you vile woman," they cry out in desperation. "We beg you to reconsider!"

Reconsider? I don't think so, thighs.

Listen, I know you like to lay around and not do much. In fact, asking you to support my laptop while I use it is about as far as you are willing to go most days, thighs. And most days, that's all I ask from you. But you see, hubby got his health screening and it came back with some bad points. And it's got me a little worried. If my perfectly in shape husband who loves his fruits and veggies isn't healthy enough and at risk, then where does that leave me? A one way ticket to 6 feet under, or a life of needles and insulin. No thanks.

I get the feeling you aren't listening, thighs. You are saying "but we will do it another time" I hear you, I really do. I'm going to ignore you though. I don't want to end up as a Fat Disability Woman. I don't want to wait until I am out of options where it's either bypass surgeries or die. I don't want to be FAT anymore.

So shut up and run. It was only 7 minutes. I can't have 7 minutes of your time?

I understand you arent used to this behavior. Me either. I don't like being sore, or having jelly legs but we HAVE to SWEAT if we want to be healthy. Disgusting I know, but then again, so is eating a whole jar of frosting before you even bake a cake. Or using "garage sale day" as an excuse to buy a dozen donuts and eat them all yourself. Or making Christmas candy all week long before Christmas and eating it all. Then having to go out Christmas Eve to battle the hordes just to get the ingredients AGAIN so you can have something for your family functions.

I just got a chuckle and sad at the same time. I've done most of those things (8 donuts out of the 12, but everything else, accurate)

I know that I will never be a runner, legs. Ankle prevents me from being a trail runner, one of those "let's just tie our shoes and run like the wind!" folks. But I know that I can run, occasionally, with the aid of an EFX machine. And I know that it's less stressful on you, knees. So let's all band together and help pull thighs through this. Heart, lungs, and abs will thank you for it. Heck, everyone will.

Make me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!